• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talk about balls......EFFIN ACG

14 posts in this topic

That sucks. If Alan Hager wanted to go after the people responsible for crushing ACG then he should look to that other POS slabbing company called NTC.

This is the type of lawsuit that the defendents should respond to with a baseball bat to his knees.

Here's the list of who's being sued (from one of the RCC forum posts):

The suit was filed in the 18th Judicial Circut in

Seminole County, Florida. The Defedants are:

Gary E. Lewis, Joan Callandrello, John Carney, Jason Craton, Phillip

DeMayo, Jr

Michael S. Frey, Robert Flaminio, Mark Greene, Alan Herbert, Bruce

Hickmont,

William Hughes, William Krummel, Edward Kuszmar, Barry Kutner, Harvey

Laser, Julian M. Liedman, Sam Morgan, Stuart Miller, Fred A. Murphy,

Robert Brueggeman, David Parrish, Donn Pearlman, Tom Rea, Byron L.

Reed, Paul J. Roberts, Gregory Rohan, Jonathan Rosenthal, William

Rossman, Edward Rochette, Stuart Sagen, Jeffrey Saltzman, Ira Stein,

Scott Stevenson, John Stone, Barry Stuppler, Eric Tillery, Larry

Vhitlow, Alan Williams, Chyrsta Wilson, Douglas A. Winter, John Yound,

Perter Zimmerman and David Zuts.

It's unfortunate the defendants have to spend both time and money defending themselves. Although conversations on the message boards sometimes become a little irreverent, I appreciate their opinion regarding ACG grading. ACG need not worry about losing my business. I've looked at many of their holdered coins, and I don't think much of their grading standard. As a result, I have disdain for the dealers who traffic their products. Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish you the best, and hope you find your defense swift and inexpensive.

It's unfortunate the defendants have to spend both time and money defending themselves. Although conversations on the message boards sometimes become a little irreverent, I appreciate their opinion regarding ACG grading. ACG need not worry about losing my business. I've looked at many of their holdered coins, and I don't think much of their grading standard. As a result, I have disdain for the dealers who traffic their products. Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish you the best, and hope you find your defense swift and inexpensive.

It is sad about the expenses that are going to be incurred, but if I was a person of very substantial means, and I don't know if any of the defendants are, I'd hire the best team of lawyers money can buy, counter sue, and put an end to Accugrade and the Hagars for good. Actually, this would be a good place for the ANA to step in, and prove their worth as a consumer/collector's advocate. Perhaps some of the coin collecting law community could do a little "pro bono" work for the defendants, or the ANA, for the betterment of the hobby. This whole situation really ticks me off.... mad.gif

Actually, this would be a good place for the ANA to step in, and prove their worth as a consumer/collector's advocate. Perhaps some of the coin collecting law community could do a little "pro bono" work for the defendants, or the ANA, for the betterment of the hobby. This whole situation really ticks me off.... mad.gif

Some of the people being sued are on the ANA board I believe.

Here is link to ANA Board of Goveners

http://www.money.org/anaofficers.html

It looks like ACG has named from the ANA in thier suite

Gary E. Lewis ANA President

Alan Herbert ANA Governor

William Rossman ANA Governor

Barry Stuppler ANA Governor

I am thinking that this is part payback from what happend at the ANA hearing with Barry Stuppler last year.

CHRIS

Here is link to ANA Board of Goveners

http://www.money.org/anaofficers.html

It looks like ACG has named from the ANA in their suite

Gary E. Lewis ANA President

Alan Herbert ANA Governor

William Rossman ANA Governor

Barry Stuppler ANA Governor

I am thinking that this is part payback from what happened at the ANA hearing with Barry Stuppler last year.

CHRIS

You know whats wierd....The ANA really just sat back for years and let them have their (acg) way.

And to be honest ,That is the main reason I didn't join. I didn't see the ANA doing enough to protect new people from unscrupulous types.

I guess the hagers want that $3.000.00 back.

What a difference a day makes........

AND it makes me wonder What if.....

If the ANA had Done the educating in the first place would this be happening?

It seems to me that the Hagers are trying to place a gag order on anyone who says anything bad about their product. This could set a very bad precident that could go well beyond the numismatic industry. Image if those who get bad reviews in magazines like Consumer Reports could sue the reviewers for what they said or wrote about their products. It would make it much harder for consumers to make up their minds about purchases.

I hope this suit gets thrown out of court so fast that the Hagers' heads will be spinning. If a company could have "Bad Will" on its balance sheet instead of "Good Will" in think ACG might become the industry leader.

If David Hall continues his course then this might just qualify him to head up ACG.

893whatthe.gif

When I was a newbie and before I knew better, I had a dealer swear to me that there was no difference in professional third party grading services. So I bought a Yosemite silver $ commem. graded ms 70 by ACG that had a very nice black stain across the tail of the nine in the date. This flaw, by definition, negates the ms 70 grade! Let the facts speak for themselves and, if necessary, the ANA should provide legal council for the defendents.