• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Ebay purchase...and the verdict is in from NGC (drumroll Please)

25 posts in this topic

Nice ! Its always to great to get a star from a raw pick up off Ebay. Its a testament to how well you can see past usually horrible Ebay pics and know your toning patterns ! Congrats !

Absolutely....that is why I am the only one allowed to use my patent pending Kryptogoggles TM :banana:

Nice ! Its always to great to get a star from a raw pick up off Ebay. Its a testament to how well you can see past usually horrible Ebay pics and know your toning patterns ! Congrats !

Absolutely....that is why I am the only one allowed to use my patent pending Kryptogoggles TM :banana:

Daddy, have you seen my bathtub goggles? I've looked everywhere and can't find them.

Chris

Daddy, have you seen my bathtub goggles? I've looked everywhere and can't find them.

Chris

If you weren't my friend I would call you a dirty crepy old man....good thing your a friend :devil:

Chris

:signfunny: Great looking Morgan Shane. (thumbs u

Chris

If you weren't my friend I would call you a dirty crepy old man....good thing your a friend :devil:

That was your daughter asking.

[font:Comic Sans MS] You're NOT my Daddy! [/font]

Chris

Sweet! I knew that one was getting a star*, if it didn't something would be really wrong.

This one going into the personal collection? Looks like it should

Sweet! I knew that one was getting a star*, if it didn't something would be really wrong.

Yes Jon....not selling this one....I pretty much knew it was staying put when it arrived raw :cloud9:

Yes Jon....not selling this one....I pretty much knew it was staying put when it arrived raw :cloud9:

Would you take $20K $10K $5K $2K for it?

Chris

Would you take $20K $10K $5K $2K for it?

Chris

Nope...she's mine...mine...all mine (insert evil laugh) :devil:

I'm not a big fan of multi-colored discs, but that is a very attractive textile toned Morgan. If people only knew just how uncommon these are found in such a manor...well, you hit a home run with this one.

What a great eye you have and the coin is gorgeous! I particularly like the design on liberty's cheek due to the toning. How did you receive it? I personally feel that toned coins haven't come into their own. And due to the small amount of decently toned coins that there are out there makes them more rare in my opinion. Congratulations on your new addition to your collection. I love it!

What a great eye you have and the coin is gorgeous! I particularly like the design on liberty's cheek due to the toning. How did you receive it? I personally feel that toned coins haven't come into their own. And due to the small amount of decently toned coins that there are out there makes them more rare in my opinion. Congratulations on your new addition to your collection. I love it!

I bought it raw off Ebay and knew I was getting a textile toner based on the less than stellar images but the color in hand was much nicer than I thought it would be. I think the rarity factor for textile toners does exist vs normal bag toned Morgans which can be had in quantity. The market for toners is very volatile but it has seen it's share of peeks and valleys and we are currently coming out of a valley and I see a lot of strength in the market right now. What the future holds is anyone's guess but I don't see my taste in coins changing regardless of the market (thumbs u