• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAULUMALL'S COMPLAINT THREAD FROM ACROSS THE STREET

16 posts in this topic

Thanks EVP. I saw it immediately, but could not respond as I do not post over there. He is very welcome to join over here. Anyway, It does seem like we dropped the ball in this case. I hope this doesn't sound unreasonable, and while he certainly has every right to do so, I sure wish he gave us the opportunity to fix it before expressing his disfatisfaction publicly. I'd greatly appreciate it if he would send those coins back to my attention and I will personally review them and fix any problems. I realize it can be very frustrating when these things happen, and apologize to him for any inconvienience we have caused.

John

Thanks EVP. I saw it immediately, but could not respond as I do not post over there.

Proof that the NGC guys read the other forum. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You can just create an ID without using your real name and email address. Then if someone has a problem with NGC, you can send them a PM telling them who to contact over at NGC. This works for another grading company. shocked.gif

Yes I do look. Why not? I think it would be silly not to gain additional perspective from any public source. I frequently check out Google too, although I really dislike their clumsy format. However, I personally do not post and would not, even anonymously, on a competitors site.

John

Yes I do look. Why not? I think it would be silly not to gain additional perspective from any public source.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. In fact, I would do the same thing. The PCGS people read this forum. I know that for a 100% fact.

As for posting anonymously on a competitors site, that's a judgement call. Perhaps we should ask "kenya" about that. wink.gif

He should have complained on the NGC board. I wonder if this person is expecting to much, on the coins he sent in for grading?? If NGC put a star on every coin it graded, what would be the value of the star??? I look at the coin first and the grade on the holder second when I am looking at coins to buy!!!

Someone please explain to me why people don't contact the company first to resolve a problem before they go to a forum to blow off steam. I see where he apologized, but if he was my customer, I suggest he go do business with humans who never have made or will make a mistake.

Mike,

Take a deep breath and relax. As with all people, even Patrick is allowed a mistake in judgement. He got upset and simply reacted. He's adult enough to recognize that he should have taken a different approach to problem resolution, and he apologized.

Many folks around here (and across the street) wouldn't have bothered to admit fault.

EVP

EVP, I am not upset, I am tired of these kind of posts. In fact calmness exudes from my entire being. cool.gif Its nice to see you take the approach of a referee instead of an instigator wink.gif but quite frankly it is not needed. There are times when some things need to be said. Maybe someone read my post and will think about how they approach a problem, then again maybe not. Anyway I was smiling when I made the posts, I kind of figured what his response would be, I just wanted to show some light on it. It worked. Now I will remove my tongue from my cheek. Adieu

The grades look and are probably right. This all boils down to a clerical error- the wrong insert in the wrong holder (the Kennedies). Simple fix and one that probably didn't need to generate all this air time.

This guy knows nothing about proof coins. If he did he would not have sent them in.

The GOOF was in his PROOF and thats the TROOF.

COINHOLEIO,

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

MAULUMALL seems to have firewall problems I don't understand. Maybe he can fix them so he can post here.

It was a pretty good thread and things seem to have been resolved without too much rancor. Nice scans of coins in there.