• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'll Never Tire of Finding One of These !! posted by J Lloyd Young

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Another simple pleasure in a vast world of coin collecting !!

Another find at work a couple days ago gave me one heck of a thrill ...counting thru a pile of nickels one caught my eye it was one flashy 1937-P Buffalo ! Upon closer examination it appears someone had polished the coin but none-the-less details wise it's an attractive higher grade VF .

Granted it's not headed anywhere to be slabbed and won't make it into an albumn but it sure is down right COOL to find one of these especially in such nice shape in pocket change in 2011 !!

Every so often I'll find a small treasure of yesteryear in change and more often than not it's a common date wheatie however 2 years ago I found several rolls of wheaties and out of those came four 1909-VDB pennies one in AU ! Even a silver coin once in a while with Roosevelt Dimes most common among them .

I guess even today taking a few minutes to look at your change can make a collectors day !!

It's an old fashioned thrill of collecting that takes me all the way back to the beginning and I'll never ever tire of finding one of these !!

8302.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young