• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first MS67 coin

2 posts in this topic

I am going to have to revisit my criteria for the Silver Era portion of my collection.

I was prowling around looking to add a coin to the Silver Era (1946-1964) portion of my mint state collection. I found a pretty PCGS MS66FB 1946-D dime and was about to buy when I noticed that right next to it was an NGC MS67FT.

Comparing price and checking the points showed that for a little less than twice the price I'd get over four times the points. That brought the price/point ratio down from 0.24 to 0.10 including shipping.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive as both looked about the same in the photos. I'm going to have to re-evaluate my criteria and change it from only MS66 to MS66 or better in the future.

On another note, I've added the 1961-1964 mint sets as I have a number of quarters that need to be added when they arrive. I've managed to keep the average price/point ratio down below 0.20, but it is getting harder what with silver prices lately.

Happy collecting,

Phil

See more journals by Phil Nunemacher

Welcome Phil. I usually don't butt in to peoples purchases too much but I was alittle surprised at how you purchased this coin. It sounds to me like the slab was bought instead of the coin. I only think this way using your statement Quote:"I can hardly wait for it to arrive as both looked about the same in the photos". I'm not sure what the quality of the pics were that you were able to go by, but I think a firm MS66 would have been the better deal than a possible downgraded MS67. Hopefully it turns out to be nice and a wise choice. JMO