• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second Party Grading -- Thoughts?

39 posts in this topic

Grade_it was essentially an accountant, I believe, he did not come across as being a serious coin collector who is infected with the same level of collecting disease as many of us have.

Grade_it was essentially an accountant, I believe, he did not come across as being a serious coin collector who is infected with the same level of collecting disease as many of us have.

Another words he was smarter than the rest of us. :kidaround:

jom

jom

I just examined this post with a 15X loupe and found the word smarter to be covered in hairlines. I am afraid we will have to bodybag the whole statement :devil:

It seems to me that the First Party is the individual(s)/organization that decides to send a coin to a disinterested individual/organization for an independent "certified" opinion(assuming it is the first time this happened). This independent individual/organization that gives a "certified" opinion is the Second Party.

When the Second Party "certifies" the opinion, the First Party can, of course, always send the Second Party coin to another disinterested individual/organization, intact with the "certification", and ask for a Third Party opinion (Cross-Over).The question is, if the Second Parties' opinion is "rejected" by the First Party, and the First Party decides to send the coin to another disinterested individual/organization for an opinion and does not mention that a Second Party has already given an opinion, is it really a Third Party, or a Fourth Party?

And that is why God created Lawyers and Judges(and Internet Boards to raise the issue).

Just An Opinion;

John Curlis

That's not what "First Party, Second Party, and Third Party" mean.

jom

I just examined this post with a 15X loupe and found the word smarter to be covered in hairlines. I am afraid we will have to bodybag the whole statement :devil:

lol

Actually, he did have some valid points worth discussing. But the delivery may not have been up to most expectations.

RMA, Thank You.

Hence, my reason for saying just my opinion.

I will leave this to Lawyers and Judges.

Words, unfortunately, mean different things to different people.

A lot like Logic.

Thanks

John Curlis