• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One more toner 1944 D for the set.

13 posts in this topic

The first toner I ever bought (late 1980's) specifically as a toner was a 1944-D MS66FB Mercury in an old rattler. By my current jaded standards it is pleasant, but nothing spectacular. OTOH I still quite like the looks of it, and given that it was my "First" I certainly have no plans to upgrade it. In 2005 at the SF ANA I found a toner MS66*5FS Jefferson and said, "What the heck", and bought it. After that I decided to purchase other toner 1944-D material in MS66 as they popped up. About 3 years ago I found a Walker (PCGS MS66) that fit the bill. A few months ago I found a Washington that fits. It's an NGC MS66. It was recently imaged by Shane Canup, and I think he did an excellent job.

scWA44Dsm.jpg

scWA44Drevsm.jpg

For those that want to see the other coins here's a link to the Gallery:

1944-D images.

Wait, there were more coins than the Jefferson Nickel? I never made it that far! Opened the Jefferson and fainted. Superb!

Paul, as great as those pictures are of that nickel, I honestly think Shane failed on this one. In hand, its even more spectacular. The luster shines through like a headlight. This is truly the most spectacular Jefferson I've ever had the privilege of holding in my hands.

Wait, there were more coins than the Jefferson Nickel? I never made it that far! Opened the Jefferson and fainted. Superb!

Paul, as great as those pictures are of that nickel, I honestly think Shane failed on this one. In hand, its even more spectacular. The luster shines through like a headlight. This is truly the most spectacular Jefferson I've ever had the privilege of holding in my hands.

I agree.....I just couldn't get enough light to the surface in that old NGC no prong holder.....I must have shot 50 images and none did the Nickel justice :cry: