• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Funny Thing Happened With ANACS

15 posts in this topic

A funny thing happened with a recent submission to ANACS, they had a free submission and grading of 1878CC Morgans so I sent the 78CC Morgan and a few cents that I thought I'd have slabbed. Well, I watched when they rec'd the coins etc. and finally, shipment! I saw the Fedex tracking number and thought I'd check it out and see when delivery was expected. Imagine my disbelief when I found that it had been delivered to a town near me and signed for by a complete stranger!

I'm not really too concerned since everything was insured. In retrospect, I insured the coins for book value, not sales potential. I emailed ANACS telling them my thoughts and that I had emailed them before and never rec'd an answer but thought they might make an exception this time. Emaill was sent late Saturday night and they haven't had a business day yet-maybe Monday I'll get an answer-maybe. If not I'll call them.

How do the rest of you insure when you send coins in? Book value or sales potential? It seems a little dishonest to send them in insured with sales values.

Wow...Sorry to read of your "misfortune" :(

All my submissions are insured for book value. Seeing as you really do not know what they will grade...I don't see how you can do otherwise. But after your experience I just may reconsider hm

A funny thing happened with a recent submission to ANACS, they had a free submission and grading of 1878CC Morgans so I sent the 78CC Morgan and a few cents that I thought I'd have slabbed. Well, I watched when they rec'd the coins etc. and finally, shipment! I saw the Fedex tracking number and thought I'd check it out and see when delivery was expected. Imagine my disbelief when I found that it had been delivered to a town near me and signed for by a complete stranger!

I'm not really too concerned since everything was insured. In retrospect, I insured the coins for book value, not sales potential. I emailed ANACS telling them my thoughts and that I had emailed them before and never rec'd an answer but thought they might make an exception this time. Emaill was sent late Saturday night and they haven't had a business day yet-maybe Monday I'll get an answer-maybe. If not I'll call them.

How do the rest of you insure when you send coins in? Book value or sales potential? It seems a little dishonest to send them in insured with sales values.

I think that the post office will only pay replacement value (per a USPS employee), so sales potential is usually not factored in; however, in defining "replacement value" I will rely on recent auction sales if they are higher than the price guide values. I will disclose the fact that I have yet to have the problem occur to me, so I haven't personally been through the process.

if your name was on it and some random person signed that is theft on their part. they knowingly signed and took possesion of an item that was not theirs. if they are to try to sell it or sell it that is even more charges.

on insurance, i always go high while sending to the graders. the higher the number the safer the package is.

im also wondering what the final grade was....is the value much higher than you originally put on sending? and doesnt the grading company have to insure for value or do they only use what number you put.

The grade on the Morgan was "AU" and the remainder was so-so. I did receive an email from Fedex and found out that it was delivered to m old address! I haven't lived there ANACS. Maybe they used an old directory???

Anyway, Fedex said to contact the shipper and have them retrieve the coin and reship so I'll call ANACS tomorrow sinc ethey don't answer emails apparently and let them know they goofed. I'll post their response tomorrow.

i'm wondering why anacs didnt catch the screw up at the company? i understand a mistake and all but something just dosent sound right with that whole process

How do we know that the error was made by ANACS and not by Fedex?

Well, I got the goods, partial mistake on my part and partial mistake on ANACS's part. I failed to put my address on the submission form, I seen this on my copy a few days after submission. But, I did have my email address on the form. I figured since I was registered on their site that they would either go to my account or email me for my address. Mhy registeration doesn't mean squatt, ANACS says it's only for me...ANACS will not retrive the package with coins and Fedex won't either since it was delivered and signed for... I will go to the address (My old address) and ask for the package. And hopefully they'll say "Sure, here is your package." And we'll all be happy! One thing, if they don't give me the package, I have a lot of papers on the house (I told the buyer I had them and gave him my phone# but he never contacted me. He is a deputy sherriff ffor the county and he shoudl submit the box. I'll let you know how it goes, I plan on going there after the cold spell is somewhat over.