• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bidding on a coin just to bid and then end up winning

Bidding a coin for fun  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Bidding a coin for fun

19 posts in this topic

For some reason I just bid on a coin that I never though I could own but for some reason I

am the high bidder with only 12 hours left.....I hope I don't get outbid!! :wishluck:

I have bid on a few common date coins with the opening .99 bid and wound up winning them. I also bid on a couple PCGS Jeffs once with the opening bid of $10 just in case I lost the first one and would bid a little more on the next one. Wound up winning both for the $9.99.

Yeah I have placed some small bids on some lots just to bookmark them really and even won a couple that were a complete surprise :D

For some reason I just bid on a coin that I never though I could own but for some reason I

am the high bidder with only 12 hours left.....I hope I don't get outbid!! :wishluck:

Keep an eye on what happens at the end of that auction. Don't be surprised if there are 2 or 3 bids made at the last second.

I recently bid $350 for 3 coins and i thought it will end up in $600 range. I won for ~$220! That was so far my best purchase on auctions.

And couple weeks ago i bid on 5 graded Lincoln cents and took all 5 for $35 shipped :grin:

Keep an eye on what happens at the end of that auction. Don't be surprised if there are 2 or 3 bids made at the last second.

Sometimes, I will place a bid on a coin to see if there are any max bids placed that would be higher than my max bid. If the bidding goes beyond that, I'll pass, but I never place a bid on a coin that I don't want.

Chris

I bid low and won a 1906 Liberty Nickel but when I examined the coin, I knew why I won.

At that time I was buying the slab and not the coin.

Hopefully, I have learned that it is the other way around.

OP

Well to my surprise I am still the high bidder but the live event is tonight!!

I put a bid on lot 5076 of the current FUN auction just to say I had. 1795 $5 Small Eagle MS-65PL. Just to say I did.

Did you win?

Well it ended at $172,500......but don't worry Jason will get it in the Live event tonight :grin:

i won a roll of ben franklin half dollars for 222$ today, i was happy, plus i had 20 some ebay bucks to put towards it, i used to collect 52 topps autogaphed baseball cards, had the whole set from 1-3111 of low #, i spent way too much lol

thats why im collecting junk silver and some gold stuff now

I put a bid on lot 5076 of the current FUN auction just to say I had. 1795 $5 Small Eagle MS-65PL. Just to say I did.

Did you win?

Well it ended at $172,500......but don't worry Jason will get it in the Live event tonight :grin:

He did say that he was a nuclear physicist. lol

Did you win?

Well it only ended at $345,000!!

Did you win?

Well it only ended at $345,000!!

That is a sizeable multiple of my salary, that's for sure. I won one coin tonigh, a stunner which I actually just put a bid on to say I did, fully expecting it to go much higher. I'll put everything in a show report when I get back to Charleston.