• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 105 - And the question is....

21 posts in this topic

QUESTION: What is the U.S. Air Force designation for the airplanes that appear on the 1991 Korean War silver dollar?

First post with the correct answer wins.... the long awaited, new & improved DISPLAY BOX!!.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

The aircraft are the North American F-86, nicknamed the "Sabre." The images on the coin depict the jet's distinctive open nose intake, which differs from the rounded or even pointed nose cone normally associated with modern jet aircraft.

North American F-86 "Sabre"

Beijim

QUESTION: What is the U.S. Air Force designation for the airplanes that appear on the 1991 Korean War silver dollar?

ANSWER: The distinctive profile identifies this airplane as an F-86 Sabre.

The winner is: truthteller!! Your prize is a display box.

The runner up winner is: bstat1021!! Your prize is a copy of The Cherrypickers Guide.

Congratulations and thanks for playing!!

Major kudos to Danielle and NGC. I just received the coolest NGC display box, nice silver with blue NGC logo, in 3 days!!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

TRUTH

• Administrator
Alright!!! My first win here on the NGC boards.

What do I have to do now? Send NGC my address?

Thanks Brian news.gif

Hi Brian!

If we don't already have your address somewhere on file, Danielle will probably send you a pm for it. If she hasn't already done that, please feel free to send me a pm with your address.

Thanks for playing!