• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

275.00 Face Value 90% silver coins

9 posts in this topic

hi i have not posted on these boards in a very long time but i just got a lot in of silver coins 275.00 face value of 90% halves dimes and quarters looking to get 22.5x times face or make a offer thanks

If you put it on ebay, you'll get your 22.5x but... take this into account, you'll end up paying about 15% in fees between listing, final sale and paypal fees. Might discount a little here, and actually make more than you would on ebay.

If you put it on ebay, you'll get your 22.5x but... take this into account, you'll end up paying about 15% in fees between listing, final sale and paypal fees. Might discount a little here, and actually make more than you would on ebay.

I just sold my small lot of silver for less than I would have on Ebay, but made more because of no fees. I got a bit over 20x face.

i didnt know what ebays fees were,very good point.......can someone tell me(off the subject) how to download pics of coins i just bought and where should i put the pics.in my collection?just trying to get used to this site,Thanks

If you're talking about ebay, it's very difficult due to their software. The easiest way is to have the blown up picture from ebay on your screen. Press the "Prnt Scrn" button.

Then, open up a program like Paint and hit the "Ctrl" and the "V" button at the same time, that will paste the image into paint and you can save the file. You'll have to crop the image as well, I don't use paint because I'm not proficient in it, but I'm sure you could do it as well, but you can easily use a program like Microsoft Office Picture Manager. It's easy and simple to use.

eBay's fees can be bad, but it depends on how you structure the sale. They are offering free listing for auction style this week (until 1/7) and then the final value fee is 9%, but I think it's capped at $30, so if you sell the $275 as one lot and list it for 22.5x face, the total would be $6,188 and the fee would be $30 + 3% for paypal (about $186), you would net $5,972 so you might come out ahead compared to selling here for say 21x which would net you $5,775. But in general anymore the fees on eBay are too rediculous for any small time collectors just getting rid of dupes and such. Last time I wanted to sell I just took the stuff to a local show and walked out with cash and a fair price to boot (no waiting and no fees!). Good luck!