• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy New Year

12 posts in this topic

My New Year's Eve has proven terribly interesting so far. I was sitting at the intersection in Gravois Bluff's Mall, having just left Shop-N-Save, when suddenly, a huge wind sent everything flying basically horizontally along the ground in front of me. Next think I know, the street lights start going nuts, and I hear storm sirens off in the distance.

A tornado had just struck the intersection of 141 and 30 -- a couple of blocks over from me, and the next intersection for my trip home!

I am happy to say that I got home in one piece, but not before I had to dodge a few trees in the middle of the highway.

When I got home, the TV was on, and it was then that I learned that multiple tornadoes and high winds had slammed the Sunset Hills / Fenton area. If you turn on your news tonight, I'm sure you'll see some of the devastation. Thank God I was completely spared!!

Glad to hear you're safe James! What a hairy experience.

And all the best to everyone here on the boards this coming year. I too am glad this year is over. It was a very trying year for my friends on this board and personally.

I just saw the aerial coverage of the storm in Fenton...total destruction about a block wide. Terrible, just terrible.

A lot of times when we see destruction away from where we live, it just doesn't sink in...but if you were close or even worse yet, involved, then it's like being on the front porch during the midst of the destruction.

Glad to see your OK James.