• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi there.. G Washington Gold $5 set 4 Sale :)

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I know I'm new here, but I figured I'd take a shot since I'm trying to get these sold to pay off some bills. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and bills after the holidays are stacking up, as well as medical bills coming in January!

I have a few things already listed on ebay including the Gold George Washington $5 coin set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commemorative-5-George-Washington-Gold-Coin-Set-2-pc-/270685392244?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3f061b4d74

My other items:

http://coins.shop.ebay.com/Coins-Paper-Money-/11116/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=traceysweetnam&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

Even if you aren't interested, could you please take a look and let me know if there's anything I can do different. I know some pics may be a tad blurry, but there's not much I can do at the moment. My 3 y/o dropped my camera and now it's working sporadically. All the coins I have listed and will be listing were Christmas gifts from Grandfather for myself and my sister. They were stored in a safe the day after we received them.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and input!

oh yeah, btw, My name is Tracey. :)

This is the complete list of coin sets I have to sell. Any comments, questions or suggestions would be appreciated!

(2) 1994 United States Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 1995 United States Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 1995 United States Mint Prestige Set w/COA

(2) 1996 United States Mint Proof Set w/COA

(2) 1996 United States Mint Silver Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 1996 United States Mint Prestige Sets w/COA

(2) 1997 United States Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 1997 United States Mint Prestige Set

- One has dent in top of the box.

(2) 1998 United States Mint Proof Set w/COA

(2) 1998 United States Mint Premiere Silver Proof Set

- One has marking on box from removal of a piece of tape.

-One still has a piece of tape still attached to box.

(2) 1999 50 State Quarters and Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(1) 1999 George Washington Bicentennial Gold $5 Set (2 Coin set)

(2) 1999 Dolley Madison Commemorative Silver Dollar w/COA

(2) 2000 50 State Quarters and Silver Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 2000 24kt Gold Plated Set

(2) 2001 50 State Quarters and Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 2001 50 State Quarters and Silver Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 2002 50 State Quarters and Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(2) 2002 Winter Games Silver Dollar Commemorative Coin w/COA

(2) 2003 1 oz Proof Silver Bullion Coin w/COA

(4) 2003 50 States Quarters and Mint Proof Sets w/COA

(3) 2004 Thomas Alva Edison Commemorative Silver Dollar Coin w/COA

(1) 2004 Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Silver Dollar w/COA

(2) 2005 50 State Quarters Silver Proof Set

Welcome to the neighborhood Tracey! I agree the photos need improvement, but thankfully you put some stock photos there as well. You may want to explain that in your description (why the photos are blurry) since buyers of coins are often naturally suspect of blurred photos, thinking it's a deliberate attempt to hide a serious flaw.

As for your other coins, the gold plates coins are mere novelties, but the rest have value, even just for their silver content. Good luck!

First of all, Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

If it were me, for anything modern like that where most of the value is in the bullion, start it at a penny with NO reserve. I know this sounds scary, but starting something, anything, out so high will scare off 95% of potential bidders. On the other hand, a true no-reserve auction guarantees you a healthy does of strong interest, and it WILL close at true value. You don't even have to give it a second thought.

You'll also save on listing fees, I suspect.

I wish you the very best, and hope you get the highest possible value!

Thank you for the welcome and replies. :)

(2) 1996 United States Mint Prestige Sets w/COA

Those two actually sold last night, which will definitely put a dent in the bills.

I agree on saving on ebay fees. They have the free listings for auctions extended till Jan 7th, so once I get some better pics I'd definitely do that.

As for the GW gold coins, I had an offer off $650. He sells coins on Ebay as well. I really need the money, but do you guys think it would be worth holding out?

Thanks for making me feel welcome!