• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Authentication, Grading & Conservation Seminar at ANA Sacramento

6 posts in this topic

ANA Pre-Convention Seminar:

Coin Conservation, Authentication and Grading

March 14-16, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Instructor: Brian Silliman, current NGC grader and former conservator and assistant director of operations for Numismatic Conservation Services.

"The biggest mistake most numismatists make is buying coins they shouldn't have purchased in the first place. This seminar has students examine coins from the perspective of buyers, evaluating the coins for authenticity, original surfaces and grade. Students will learn to spot many of the problems that are often missed when examining the coin prior to purchase. This course packs in knowledge, skills, techniques and tips and tricks in three days that would otherwise takes years to learn through hands on experiences and costly mistakes."

Course highlights include:

Conservation, preservation and storage issues

Enhanced and Impaired coins.

Authentication diagnostics and techniques for date and Mintmark alterations.

Struck counterfeits

Chinese-made counterfeits.

Develop grading skills focusing on MS and AU coins.

Contact the ANA for more information. www.money.org

Everyone who has not taken this, or the ANA summer seminar, should sign up ASAP - if at all possible! You'll save lots of $$ and frustration by knowing this material !!

ALSO – if there are any YNs who want to take the Coin Conservation, Authentication and Grading Class, and who will be there all three class days, but can’t afford the tuition, I WILL PAY YOUR TUITION. (Send me a PM if you qualify.)

ALSO – if there are any YNs who want to take the Coin Conservation, Authentication and Grading Class, and who will be there all three class days, but can’t afford the tuition, I WILL PAY YOUR TUITION. (Send me a PM if you qualify.)

:applause: