• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOULD I PURCHASE THIS COIN OR KEEP LOOKING?

45 posts in this topic

Yeah. i am working on getting some of the less expensive common dates in high grade and excellent eye appeal. I will keep searching until I come up with a better one. Eventually i want to have a really nice complete set. thanks, Dan

Hi Chris,

I'm working on getting some of the inexpensive common dates but with high grades and great eye appeal as I ma collecting long term and I eventually want to have a really nice complete set of Morgans. I like the challenge of trying to find one that I can send in that can earn the green sticker and if I plan on holding on to them for 10-20 years than the 10.00 won't hurt me on it. I really enjoy doing the N.G.C. registry sets too and the "CAC" sticker just gives me another challenge to have fun with. Thanks for the good advice, Sincerely, Dan

The good news is I already have the 1885 S in really nice Ms64. I'm just working on some of the common dates that that are not too expensive but have high grades with excellent eye appeal. I'm collecting long term and want to eventually have a really nice complete set and I really enjoy the N.G.C. registry. thanks for the good advice, Sincerely, Dan

:thumbsup: Awesome and a wise choice!!

I can't really add anything to what's been said about the coin. I will comment that you seem to have a multiple posting problem? I don't know if you are hitting the button more than once or what, but at two separate places in this thread you have 9 posts in a row that pretty much say the same thing, and then 7 posts in a row. Might want to get that looked at?

I will comment that you seem to have a multiple posting problem? I don't know if you are hitting the button more than once or what, but at two separate places in this thread you have 9 posts in a row that pretty much say the same thing, and then 7 posts in a row. Might want to get that looked at?

He's replying to each person individually. I don't think it's a posting problem because there are slight differences in every post.

Chris

Hi Mark,

nice coin with really good detail and luster, the toning has nice appeal, I still am trying to get a better eye for toning, this forum is a good start! Thanks, Dan

Hi Mark,

nice coin with really good detail and luster, the toning has nice appeal, I still am trying to get a better eye for toning, this forum is a good start! Thanks, Dan

There is nothing wrong at all with a blast white coin, as long as it hasn't been dipped to death. Some people really like and prefer that look (and I've noticed a lot of the coins you post have been white). You just have to find the right coin at the right price.

Of course, some of us really like that nice, multicolored toning :)

Hi Mark,

I like blast white coins and coins with pretty/eye appealing toning but I live in Maine and all the coin shops and coin shows are really lame, they never have the high quality coins that I am looking for so I am forced to find the coins I want online and it is so difficult to tell how dipped a coin is or how good the toning looks based on the pics, most pics just do not have that good of quality and clarity and I suspect some sellers like it that way. I am so thankful for this forum because you and the other coin collectors often spot things I don't see in the coin pics that I am interested in or you give me really good advice in general on the coins I post so that I make good choices when purchasing coins. I real appreciate it! Sincerely, Dan

Dan, I can sympathize with your situation, It can be extremely frustrating trying to assess and buy coins via on-line images, even excellent ones. Make sure that if you order coins on line, you have a full and unconditional return privilege.

Hello Coin collectors,

Please take a look at the pics of this 1885 Morgan dollar and let me know your opinions whether I should purchase it or look for a better one. Thank you so much! Sincerely, Dan

I actually picked up a MS64 Morgan Dollar in an old NGC holder with a cleaner cheek and better surfaces. I would attach photographs, but the coin is PL and the photos don't do the coin justice. I was able to pick the coin up at a 64 price. Keep your eyes open. Premium quality pieces do surface.