• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question..... Just bought coins on eBay, serial #'s dont match, now what?

10 posts in this topic

Just purchased coins from a person on eBay with awesome feedback... decided to run the serial numbers through NGC website here and neither match, what should I do here?? Have never ever ever had a problem like this until today, will be calling NGC first thing.....

Not sure exactly the problem. But I have run into a problem similar to the one I think you are dealing with. I purchased a quarter that was accidentally labeled as a half dollar. So, when I try to put it into my registry set in the quarter slot it automatically goes into the half dollar slot. I kept the coin, it was too cheap to worry about returning.

Got this worked out with NGC first thing this morning... purchased two coins for a total of around $400.00 on eBay however the person I spoke to at NGC advised that these coins have yet to make it into their databases but she advised me that they are legit graded NGC coins. My only concern is if they have been graded that they should be in the database... oh well, I will go with her word, they were a set of the Shipwreck Coins from the Sao Jose shipwreck, sounds like they are grading or authenicating more of these....

Sounds like some very old, very "conserved" Reales!

There should not be much of a delay adding these to the NGC database. A day or two?

I wouldn't worry...the Chinese are not doing shipwreck coins (yet).

Lance.