• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New on board

17 posts in this topic

After awhile lurking around here and over there, I figured it was time to come on board. Interests are in Walkers, Buffalos and FS Jeffs (several purchased from Bern Nagenast in late 90s). Glad to be here!. Andy

Howdy Andy, we're glad to have you. Walkers and Buffs should inspire some good threads as they are way popular. Of course, it seems there is a large influence from the Jeff collectors on these boards too, I just never think of that. confused.gif

Welcome Andy. Glad to have another nickel collector on the boards!

Of course, it seems there is a large influence from the Jeff collectors on these boards too, I just never think of that. confused.gif

Tom, you poor miserable bas... guy. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gif

stooges.gif Hoot

Welcome aboard Andy! hi.gif

Tom, you poor miserable bas... guy.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Hoot, don't worry. Tom has probably just not seen a really nice toned Jeff yet. grin.gif

John

Thanks, John, Hoot. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In the attachment you will find one of my slightly more colorful Jefferson nickels.

Sweet coin Tom! grin.gif Hey, with a coin hanging around like that, how can you NOT think of them??? 893whatthe.gifsumo.gif

Hoot

Welcome, Andy! I like Buffalo nickels too - there are some serious Buff experts on these boards. And you haven't lived until you've seen some of John Wihlborg's toned beauties. Anyway, have fun.

Beijim

And you haven't lived until you've seen some of John Wihlborg's toned beauties.

Ahw shucks Beijim, you're embarrassing me! blush.gif

All kidding aside Beijim, thank you for your kind complement.

John

welcome andy!!!!

tell me andy what is your favorite walker and buff in your collection??

got any photos to share??

also in your opinion....

what is the holy grail the piece de resistance in walkers for you? in buffs for you??

michael

Excellent questions, Michael. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have you thought about expanding them into a thread so that everyone can post those opinions about their favorite sets or series? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Michael - pinning these collections down to a single favorite is a tough one. On the Walkers, I currently have 3 versions of sets in progress. A raw set in a Dansco that progresses from VF, in the early years, up to some nice NT MS coins for the short set years. A couple of these are really exquisite with their toning, like the 47-D with golden peripheral toning. Next is a high-grade MS short set (41-47) in a Capital holder, and last is a longer (?) short set from 34-47 that are in 64-65 ngc/pcgs plastic.

For the buffalos, it is equally a tough pick. I have a mostly XF collection with all of those from the late 20s through the 30s in high MS grades. Again some of these are quite pleasing with the tone they have, like the 64 30-S with it's subdued rainbow toning I got from Bowers & Merina in 1985.

Then there are the FS Jeffs. Again these are mostly raw, but it is amazing how some of thes can tone beautifully. I am going to be sending some of these in with my freebies for joining.

On the picture front. Don't have any yet, but I am in the market for a good camera so that I will be able to share and see if others think what I have is as cool as I do. Any suggestions on cameras?

Andy

wow all great replies!! thanks for joining andy! you are a true collector/numismatist!!! hope you like it on here

i will try to post this tomb and as usual thanks!!! thumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif

michael

Ahw shucks Beijim, you're embarrassing me! blush.gif

Heh heh, anytime John. Just seeing if I can get you to blush.gif enough to resemble one of those darned nickels you keep hoarding from the rest of us decent folk.

angel.gif

Beijim