• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

58 Jefferson for $50!

24 posts in this topic

This seller must think it is a PF69 or so. Can't tell from those pics. Pretty proud of the Roosevelt dime they have for sale also. Pics certainly don't support that type of pricing for either coin.

Doubt they will get many offers.

Jim

So, what's the problem? It's his coin; it's his right to price it--regardless of any other so-called market price. If someone pays that much then same thing--it's his money to spend as he wishes.

If it is a proof, then it's probably worth $25,000 or more.

???

Because the picture shows a D mint coin lol

Good eye there! I didn't even pay attention.

If it is a proof, then it's probably worth $25,000 or more.

???

Because the picture shows a D mint coin lol

Good eye there! I didn't even pay attention.

Yep, that's what I was referring to. A genuine branch-mint proof of that ilk would be astoundingly desirable.

My email to seller:

Dear----------,

Just wanting to clarify with you, this is a 1958 Proof Jefferson Nickel, uncertified coin, with a $50 starting bid?

His resonse:

Dear ----------,

Especially during the holiday season, if you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything at all? Happy Holidays

My email to seller:

Dear----------,

Just wanting to clarify with you, this is a 1958 Proof Jefferson Nickel, uncertified coin, with a $50 starting bid?

His resonse:

Dear ----------,

Especially during the holiday season, if you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything at all? Happy Holidays

What a :censored: !

Kinda funny that they have another nickel labeled as proof 1958 BIN $5.00. I think this person just isn't very seller savvy as to selling on ebay(or anyplace else).

Jim

Well the auction ended, with 0 bids.

Guess I'm not the only one who saw through this.

Once again, what is it you think you "saw through"? I repeat, it's his coin; it's his privilege to price it as HE values it--not as you might value it.

Well the auction ended, with 0 bids.

Guess I'm not the only one who saw through this.

Once again, what is it you think you "saw through"? I repeat, it's his coin; it's his privilege to price it as HE values it--not as you might value it.

A scam.

Where is the scam? He is selling just what he says he's selling. The fact that YOU think 50.00 is too much is totally irrelevant to anyone else's valuation of the item.

Where is the scam? He is selling just what he says he's selling. The fact that YOU think 50.00 is too much is totally irrelevant to anyone else's valuation of the item.

And apparently your eye is not as keen as the other posters of this thread.

I'll not exchange with you any further on this.

Have a good day.

Two sides to this story: I agree with OKC that a seller can price his coins as he sees fit. Whether someone buys it or not is another story. As to side two: The seller is mis-representing the coin as a Proof when in fact it is an uncirculated coin.