• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LINCOLNS DNA

12 posts in this topic

Yes, but we don't need the posts from over there brought over here.

This place is a nice informative place.

I'd like to see banned here:

Submission results.

Look at this eBay Auction.

Look at his feedback.

Grade this coin (rare coins exempt - and no, you're XF Franklin is not rare and exempt).

Anything that has nothing to do with coins that the entire forum could enjoy (Jim, I got your package. Tom, turn on your PM feature. I'm pissed at....).

Should I bid on this coin (and the coin is something that several of us have been looking at for days).

What I want for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/JustBecause.

Stupid questions.

Questions that have been asked before (300+ times).

TTT any thread that hasn't been posted to in less than 24 hours.

GREG- I agree with all of your banned thread ideas other than the submission results. I like to see what collectors have received from NGC (PCGS submissions need to participate here) and the time they were sent in. The new curration service results are interesting reading too.

It's good info.

Regarding the eBay auction links, you're also right, but that is because there is enough of them on the PCGS site. I know, because I do my fair share over there.

All of what I listed if fine to be posted over in the bad side of town (PCGS forums).

I also get a perverse kick out of submission results. Something about seeing a 5¢ coin in a slab makes me smile. It's just that seeing a bunch of modern proofs submission results posted here would feel cheap. Hey, speaking of 5¢ coins in slabs, need any Memorial Lincolns in MS64 or Kennedys in AU58? tongue.gif

The thread from the other side of the tracks didn't start off good but then someone chimed in with a nice explanation of the subtle differences between die errors. It took some time to wade through the BS posts to find an informative one but it was worth the effort. One out of twenty is about the norm over there.

As for the slabbed Memorial Lincolns in MS64 or Kennedys in AU58 I'd be happy to give face value plus 10%. We can dicker on who pays shipping costs smile.gif

If you could have bought and slabbed all the coins from 1950 to 1970 when they first came out how much money do you think those coins would be worth now ?

Better Yet , what If today you could find mogans slabbed in the 1800's ?

These Modern Coin's today are the same coin's to us that 1800/1900 Gold Coin's , Barber's and Etc that were to the people that lived a 100 year's ago . tongue.gif

Or you could just buy more nice current coins and save on the certification prices and leave more great coins for your heirs without the plastic holders. My collection wouldn't suffer if my grandparents had done that wink.gif

Yep , Be It a 100 year old ms65 coin or a ms69 cent that was minted last week .

What's not valued today will almost always be valued someday , even if it take's 50 or a 100 year's.