• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1928 S Original skin, undipped, sharply struck Walker

11 posts in this topic

Hey gang--I know that people who like white coins won't appreciate this one but for those who like unmessed-with coins; I wanted to show you this Walker. Notice the FULL skirtlines on this one; this is rarely encountered on a 1928-S coin even at the MS 65 level. Head is pretty nice as well. The thumb is typical or little above average. This coin actually looks alot whiter in hand and the toning has slightly more color in hand (you can see a little blue). You can really see the strike detail in second obverse picture. This one's a MS 64.

1928smeo-3-1-1-1-2.jpg

28srslab-4-2.jpg

1928smeo2.jpg

The first picture makes it look rather unattractive, but the second picture really brings out the appeal. The skirt lines are really crisp, too bad about the thumb. How is the luster?

Yes, it is much better in real time (in hand). I'm gonna take better pictures very soon. The luster is very good, with some darker color around the borders/periphery. I've never, ever seen a 1928-S with a full tumb. To find one that just has clear separation is about as good as you can really hope for.

Thanks, to those who have already commented. The image is a stock photo from the auction house that I bought it from. I want to take some better images but I don't have a macro lens for my camera, yet, but I am working on getting one.

That is a VERY well struck up 28-S . The S in mint marks should stand for Stinker. Great coin and wonderful purchase. Congrat's

MJ

That is a VERY well struck up 28-S . The S in mint marks should stand for Stinker. Great coin and wonderful purchase. Congrat's

MJ

It's funny how poorly struck San Francisco Walkers are and how amazing most S mint Morgans are (shrug)

And sorry, I forgot to add very nice pickup. Nothing wrong with a little crustiness on a coin. I'll take a nice original coin with some skin over a dipped out one ANY day of the week! :)

Thank ya all, I feel the same way.