• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Frustration

8 posts in this topic

Why is changing an image in a registry set so difficult. If I go to Edit Gallery and choose the files I want to upload, I click save, and absolutely nothing happens. If I try to delete the current photos, it removes them from the gallery page but not from the Edit Gallery page so when I try to upload the new photos, again, nothing happens.

Then as if by magic, one of my new photos will show up if I zoom on the thumbnail. The thumbnail is the old photo and the zoom is the new photo.

We have less than a week left to update our sets before the awards and I can't even update my photos. :mad:

This problem never occurs when I add a new coin to my collection, only when I try to update a coin with an existing photo. My photos are appropriately sized, less than 120.

I had problems on Wednesday with photos too:

1. For some reason, my 1916-D Barber quarter was not in my 20th Century type set, and it didn't even recognize that the coin would fit in the slot.

2. So I typed in the PCGS cert number to that slot, and that action resulted in ALL my images being deleted from the coin, since it just behaved as this was a totally new coin that it had never seen before!

I realize NGC is trying to do great things with their registry, but when you sacrifice the very basic functions we need to do all the fancy stuff, it seems like it's time to put a leash on the tech gurus in charge of this thing.

Paul did you make sure you deleted the picture first and then try to upload it after.

I just updated 20 coins a few nights ago.

It won't let me delete some of them and the ones it allows me to delete it won't let me replace the photo. I deleted some 30% of my photos and now it appears they will have to remain with no photos.

Forget the fact that I was updating my set with new photos for a better chance at a best presented set. Guess that won't happen.

I am going to attempt to complete delete a coin from my inventory and re-enter it to see what happens.

So, yesterday I finally got my photos to upload even though the thumbnail images are not appearing. Today I go back in to modify some descriptions and some of the old images have returned.

WTF! Can someone from NGC take a look at my set and fix the photo files before the deadline.

• Administrator

Please email the changes you want to make to your descriptions and the photos and I will look at this for you right away. dena@ngccoin.com

Please email the changes you want to make to your descriptions and the photos and I will look at this for you right away. dena@ngccoin.com

Dena,

Thank you, but it appears that the photos have somehow corrected themselves. All of the photos are now correct and even the thumbnails are showing. Perhaps one of your associates already looked into the matter.

If I have any other problems prior to the deadline, I will send you an e-mail. Thanks again,

Paul