• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my 1946 BTW....possible upgrade?

11 posts in this topic

If this were a GTG with no hints, I would have gone MS-64. That reedmark on the forehead kills it for me. However, I could easily see this as a technical MS-64 given a one point bump for the marvelous color. But I just wouldn't expect a two point bump under those circumstances.

"Grade" aside, I think it's a fabulous coin!

If this were a GTG with no hints, I would have gone MS-64. That reedmark on the forehead kills it for me. However, I could easily see this as a technical MS-64 given a one point bump for the marvelous color. But I just wouldn't expect a two point bump under those circumstances.

Agreed. It looks like a very nice 64, given a bump for eye appeal. There is no way that belongs in a 66 slab with those marks, sorry.

(thumbs u