• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about taking some of us to school

2 posts in this topic

Don't know if this subject has ever been broached before but I thought it would be really fun and educational if you offered an on-line course on coin grading. I am a member of the CNet community and they offer many on-line courses for the Computing world which made me think of this particular idea for here.

I am sure that many would enroll and have no problem paying a nominal fee to participate in such class.

I believe this would really broaden everyone's horizons with this hobby. Many of us are not close or unable to the "weekend" classes that are offered every-once-in-awhile in various locations.

Maybe have 2 or more graders provide course material so we could get a different prospective on the same coin, etc.

I would also propose not only spending time on moderns but most definitely Morgans as well as maybe another type or two.

I really think this is an exciting idea and one that would be well received by the NGC community.

Would really like to hear others thoughts on this beside the answer from NGC.

thank you,

Moondoggy

• Administrator

Thank you for the suggestion.

Many of NGC's top graders and numismatists teach classes at the American Numismatic Association Conventions and the Summer Seminar. More information can be found at the ANA's website, www.money.org.