• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP...Gold. Care to offer a grade? **Grade Revealed** **Better Photos**

22 posts in this topic

Just picked this up for the ANACS photo cert type set. What do you think ANACS graded it in the 80's and what would you grade it.?

Seller's photos. I will post photos when it arrives.

!B6-KIIQEWk~$(KGrHqEOKowEy+jC4(y!BMy26THVK!~~_12.JPG!B6-KNWQBmk~$(KGrHqYOKp!Ey+jC0CGYBMy26hSue!~~_12.JPG

!B6-KTGwBmk~$(KGrHqEOKjMEzJjNSMU!BMy26wd5C!~~_12.JPG

Believe it or not, it's graded AU50/50.

:o

James,

I think the seller's photos are tough to grade from. They problably make the coin look better. I do believe the coin will be better than an AU50 though. I'm thinking once I post better photos, that people will be able see the slight amount of wear. It's probably an AU55 to 58 by today standards.

JJ

i just don't see AU50, to me that is MS63 easy

I would believe AU 58. Reverse looks MS but that is typical for the reverse to look like it has a higher technical score.

I already gave the grade on this piece Anacs AU50/50 (1982 Photo Certificate). The seller's photos were tough to see the surfaces on. Some guesses were in the MS range which I could see from the seller's phots. I think my photos clearly show the coin is not MS, but is better than AU50. I'm calling it an AU55+. What say you?

1902O7.jpg1902R7.jpg

This looks like the kind of awesome AU-55 that is MUCH nicer to own than a banged up MS-62.

I agree James, just a few whispy circulation marks, but no major hits and good rims.

JJ

Sorry for being ridiculously late to the party, but my initial guess from the seller's photos was a 63. Then, since James is usually conservative, his guess of 63 had me thinking it might have a shot at 64. If it were submitted I honestly feel it would grade anywhere between AU58-MS61. I definitely wouldn't call it AU50. NO WAY!!!