• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-holder submission

9 posts in this topic

I'm uncertain how this works. If you have a coin in a holder and it is also CAC approved, can you submit the coin to the original TPG for a re-holder and will they also re-affix the CAC sticker or do you have to also resubmit to CAC ? This inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks.

I'm uncertain how this works. If you have a coin in a holder and it is also CAC approved, can you submit the coin to the original TPG for a re-holder and will they also re-affix the CAC sticker or do you have to also resubmit to CAC ? This inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks.

Yes they will. Contact them first as they have certain requirements.

www.caccoin.com

I just received this email a couple of weeks ago from CAC.

Dear CAC Member:

Effective immediately – When sending coins to be re-stickered, please note that if the serial number has changed, the coin will be handled as a new submission and charged the appropriate fee of $10 or $20 based on the value of the coin.  If the serial number remains the same, the fee will be $3.  Please include the original insert or a scan of the coin so that we can match the photograph and serial number to the coin.  If you send the original inserts, we will forward them to the grading service for you.  Coins received for re-stickering without this information will not be removed from our POP report.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 908-781-9101.

I guess some of you guys are reading the question differently than I did. It looks as if the original poster was asking if a coin with a CAC sticker is re-graded at NGC or PCGS will they (not will CAC) re-affix the CAC sticker. If that is the question, the answer is definitely no.

The stickers are designed so that they cannot be removed and used again. If a CAC stickered coin is re-holdered and you want a CAC sticker on the new holder, you will have to do it through CAC.

mark is correct

if you JUST SEND IN the coin to ngc for reholder; only reholder; and it still has the same number when you get it back from ngc

in other words

for example

19879870-002

and it comes back

19879870-002

in a new holder from ngc

it will have no sticker as ngc does not re-sticker cac coins lol

you need to re send to cac

then cac will re sticker it for a 3 DOLLAR CHARGE

good luck

Mark - OP clearly mentions "reholder" ...nothing about regrading ;)
Sorry, I should have said re-holdered, not re-graded. But the answer is still the same - the coin can't/wont be restickered by NGC or PCGS. CAC is the only party who can do that.