• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should this be a Concern? - Paypal

4 posts in this topic

I basically only purchase coins on e-ay. I just paid for a purchase and logged into PayPal (PP) via the e-ay listing to "Pay Now". I completed the payment and noticed PP returned me to the ebay listing. Wondering if I was still logged in to PP, I went back to PP direct and sure enough, I was still logged in. Had I not checked this and logged out of PP, I may still be logged in. It doesn't seem to me it should work this way and I was wondering what your thoughts are especially from a security/account protection perspective. Is there "danger" here?

I don't believe so. Paypal is a secured site. When I pay, I always return to my ebay and click on items I won and pay from there as a precaution. I would also highly recommend not paying through an e-mail.

I normally wait for the invoice to come through, then I pay via myebay. Most of the time I have mulitple items to pay for and I have to login for each one. I have always felt safe using this site.

Your only danger is if you were using a public computer and someone used it after you and within their 5-minute timeout period (sessions time out after 5-minutes of inactivity).