• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo seminar at FUN

8 posts in this topic

Do your coin pictures embarrass you? Are you going to be at FUN?

I'll be giving a brief seminar on taking respectable coin photographs on Friday, 1/7, at 11:15. I'll cover lots of mistakes people make, how to overcome them, and share basic techniques for photographing different types of coins, all using a setup that should cost about $200 including the camera, and all in about 45 minutes. Hope to see you there.

John knows what he's talking about. He's won the last 4 or 5 photo contests. I know he'll set me straight to the exact number. Great guy as well. Wish I were going.

Messy, that is great that you will be doing this. Unfortunately I won't be at FUN this year (after last year in the frozen tundra of Orlando) so hopefully you will do this again. I have a million questions about refining some of my techniques, especially on high contrast silver, I still can't get that right......

@coindude, Bruceswar: Thanks for the vote of confidence. My goal is to have a lot of people say to themselves after the presentation, "I get it now," with respect to the causal relationships between what they're doing and what the picture looks like. Be sure to introduce yourselves.

@robec: 5, but who's counting. ;)

Broadstruck... I agree... I like his work as well...

He imaged 20 of my Quarters...

Here's one of my favorites... ex: ICG 58:

1913-SQuarterPCGS55exICG58.jpg

I am sending him another couple of boxes of Quarters

right after Thanksgiving - and picking them up at FUN.