• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Show(REPORT)

5 posts in this topic

The 38th Annual Rochester Numismatic Association Coin Show, held at the Eisenhart Auditorium, was not only well organized, but was also the RNA's largest annual show to date.

With close to 35 dealers from around western and central NY setting up, there were many choices available for everyone, from the beginner to the experienced collector.

The largest amount of displays contained both gold and silver bullion, from ASE's & GB's to bars, Pandas, and rounds.

One addition over last years show was the addition of a dealer specializing in copper rounds and bars selling for $5.00 an ounce and some were of 1 oz., 8 oz., and 16 oz weights.

Over all I was very impressed with this years show. The dealers were not only willing to deal with people, but all had a well rounded inventory and lots of everything. Without even asking one particular dealer, who was selling individual proof coins, what his best price was on some proofs I needed to fill some holes in my individual proof collection, he knocked $5.00 off the total price.

I look forward to next years show.

Thanks for the report!

It sounds like you had a pretty good time.

Pretty funny that there was someone selling copper rounds and bars - sounds like a copper round would make a great stocking stuffer!

Thanks for the report!

It sounds like you had a pretty good time.

Pretty funny that there was someone selling copper rounds and bars - sounds like a copper round would make a great stocking stuffer!

I was surprised on the copper stuff myself.

The rounds had the Buffalo Nickel, Morgan, and Eisenhower designs front and back.

It was a good time. got some good deals on some proofs I've been looking for to fill some holes in my individual proof coins collection.

I attended this year's show in Rochester as well and was surprised at how busy it was. My son and I got there around 11:00 AM and stayed until almost 2:00 and there was a lot of traffic pretty much the whole time. I was able to go back for a little bit on Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00 and things had thinned out considerably, but the dealers must be congratulated because no one bugged out early.

I managed to fill a few holes in my Jefferson book, Franklin book, and Peace $ book - so it was a successful show for me. The dealers were very approachable and were willing to deal.