• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to Naturally Tone my Coins for my Collection

90 posts in this topic

Banishment Decree

Well, looks like BNB won't be coming back, maybe as an alt, well, it was inevitable after the Thanksgiving Day fiasco.

Seems to me the poster who started that fiasco should get a week or so off from the forum as well.

If I'm not mistaken, "themightyduke" was the one that started the post and was removed for a week.

In all fairness, since the offender cannot respond here, I shouldn't have posted the image as a "doublespeak" description, but since the seller has no morals, then I don't either.

Woody, that's at least the second time BNB has been banned from this site, under different aliases. I'm sure its only a matter of time until he comes back again.

It will be easy to figure out who he is if and when he comes back .

In all fairness, since the offender cannot respond here, I shouldn't have posted the image as a "doublespeak" description, but since the seller has no morals, then I don't either.

Those are his words. He could do a better job of being honest with this listing.

Banishment Decree

Well, looks like BNB won't be coming back, maybe as an alt, well, it was inevitable after the Thanksgiving Day fiasco.

Seems to me the poster who started that fiasco should get a week or so off from the forum as well.

If I'm not mistaken, "themightyduke" was the one that started the post and was removed for a week.

No, it was another poster, whom I'll not name, but they know who they are.

The use of fast food restaurant napkins sometimes works; sometimes not. But worth a try with common stuff.

Is one of their trade mark sayings "Think outside the bun"

Welcome eggbone

I've read several times on the PCGS coin forum that Taco Bell napkins will tone coins naturally over a period of time. Never tried it myself though.
I have a pretty harshly cleaned SAE that has been in a taco napkin for approx a year now and is becoming quite colorful. Nice blue. Still doesn't hide the hairlines tho'. lol

I've read several times on the PCGS coin forum that Taco Bell napkins will tone coins naturally over a period of time. Never tried it myself though.

Is there something special about Taco Bell napkins or is it napkins in general (i.e. the sulfur and other chemicals, etc.)? Does the composition of Taco Bell napkins differ from say those, of Wendy's or other fast food restaurant. I have seen numerous posts speaking specifically about Taco Bell napkins as well.

Banishment Decree

No, it was another poster, whom I'll not name, but they know who they are.

Yes, you're correct, Coinsman63, and he collects dimes..... very impressive memory, indeed. I said that just to let you know that I, too, remember and know exactly who he was. :devil: I didn't necessarily disagree with him, though, and I will NOT divulge his identity or username, either; out of respect for his privacy. :) There is no reason at this point, besides, BNB was a petty thief & liar and was really provoking EVERYONE. Just a shame that it had to happen on Thanksgiving. :(

And Woody...that is very interesting about the banishment section of the Boards. I didn't know that it existed, either. Thanks, for pointing it out.

Is there something special about Taco Bell napkins or is it napkins in general (i.e. the sulfur and other chemicals, etc.)? Does the composition of Taco Bell napkins differ from say those, of Wendy's or other fast food restaurant. I have seen numerous posts speaking specifically about Taco Bell napkins as well.

I've got a Type One SLQ wrapped in a Hooters napkin right now...

I'll let you know what the results are? ;):D

Must be a Type I :grin:

Must be a Type I :grin:

As in the unchain-mailed 'exposed' variety??

:roflmao:

A little Buffalo sauce and a kiss from one of the waitresses may speed up the process. :lol:

[Must be a Type I :grin:

As in the unchain-mailed 'exposed' variety??

:roflmao:

A little Buffalo sauce and a kiss from one of the waitresses may speed up the process. :lol:

Thankfully NGC now makes thicker slabs, as I doubt it will fit in a PCGS holder in a few months! ;):P

BNB contacted me shortly after I said my piece

on the other Thread about the Bullying I thought

was going on, just to thank me.

Seems as though I was about the only one who

stated their dislike to the thread. I'm glad that ARCH

took the Thread down.

To make a long story short - BNB was banned - but

the instigator was only suspended. I'm NOT standing up

for BNB - what he did had the smacking of deceit - but

he seems to have been persecuted on the Boards.

His You Tube videos seem to have brought him into

ridicule - and he does have a flair for the dramatic.

I don't know all of the nuances that lead to his banishment

but they must have been severe enough to warrant this

action by the moderators.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Broadstruck... Did you put me 20-S in a Hooters napkin

before you sold it to me ???

:o

BNB contacted me shortly after I said my piece

on the other Thread about the Bullying I thought

was going on, just to thank me.

Seems as though I was about the only one who

stated their dislike to the thread. I'm glad that ARCH

took the Thread down.

To make a long story short - BNB was banned - but

the instigator was only suspended. I'm NOT standing up

for BNB - what he did had the smacking of deceit - but

he seems to have been persecuted on the Boards.

His You Tube videos seem to have brought him into

ridicule - and he does have a flair for the dramatic.

I don't know all of the nuances that lead to his banishment

but they must have been severe enough to warrant this

action by the moderators.

I was against that thread myself as it served no purpose at all.

And the real instigator received no punishment from the MODS.

BNB's history from the other boards just caught up with him. Too many folks gave him a second chance and a third. I thought the title of that thread was in bad taste. I thought he would make it here till he listed that proof Walker.

i myself appreciate the threads that out folks. to blatantly do what he was doing is just wrong. some of the thread was harsh but as stated he was givin many many chances to just admit that what he was doing was shady. that thread could have saved many unsuspecting persons from getting taken. so i say keep those threads coming just keep them a tad bit cleaner.

i myself appreciate the threads that out folks. to blatantly do what he was doing is just wrong. some of the thread was harsh but as stated he was givin many many chances to just admit that what he was doing was shady. that thread could have saved many unsuspecting persons from getting taken. so i say keep those threads coming just keep them a tad bit cleaner.

+1

He was out of line with his actions, and how he conducts business in the coin community. Until he can mature quite a bit, he will be banned from all coin related message boards...

Did you read the reason for this poster's reason for being banned: Community disruption

That's right, a blanket statement from our moderator covering their posting style. There is a lesson to be learned from this, I've never received a strike but I have received some encouraging advice from our host in a e-mail once, a warning so to speak about being baited and then participating after being hooked.

We are a community of collectors, like minded in the general sense and we all have a hot button. When that button is pushed we react, but to drag it on and on and on, the line must be drawn.

We live in a imperfect world regulated/governed by rules and regulation :rulez: ....now back to your regularly scheduled show.

I felt that the thread was WRONG, too, but I was just offended by BNB's repeated dishonesty and lack of taking OWNERSHIP for his actions. He was, also, VERY MUCH antagonizing board members. I was diplomatic but honest in my 1 or 2 replies and I was, also, worried about a novice or anyone for that matter being swindled but other than that I was opposed to that thread. It was a classic case of groupthink and group polarization towards an individual.