• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todays phone call

12 posts in this topic

Today i received a phone call from Centurion Group trying to sell me a 1909 quarter eagle for $990 graded ms64 by BCGS. When I inquired about the grading service I was told that when the counterfeit PCGS slabs were found in China three of their graders quit the company and formed their own grading company. Of course, they were frightened by the counterfeit slabs and offended by the chance their names might be sullied in conjunction with the fraudulent slabs and on and on and on. Anyone want to share their phone solicitations from a boiler room? :o

BCGS Bulls**t coin grading company

I have to admit I don 't mind the calls from boiler room types . The ones that are selling the shares are the best yet . If you show any form of interest you cn have them calling you for days :/

Martin

Good story, I have to admit, once I got on the "National Do Not Call" list, the telemarketers pretty much stopped calling, except in the election years.

At least they were offering gold and not some $60 generic Morgan silver dollar for $900

I remember this lady in Ohio who was taken for $220,000 by a company out of Beaumont, Texas. The value of her so-called investment was valued at around $20,000 these guys would steal from their own Grandmother.

I used to get coin solicitations years ago, but fortunately they stopped - now I get calls asking if I am interested in investing in oil and/or gas wells.

I forgot who was selling those Morgan tribute coins but my wife bought me one of them. After that, I was gettin calls every week wanting me to buy gold. After they finally figured out I didn't have any money lol they quit calling.

I wish they had a picture of their product on their website. I'm curious if it is the same slab as the one I have in my notes. The BCGS I knew of CAME from China, the slab was a PCGS look-a-like slab, and it appeared almost a year BEFORE the fake PCGS slabs.

I wish they had a picture of their product on their website. I'm curious if it is the same slab as the one I have in my notes. The BCGS I knew of CAME from China, the slab was a PCGS look-a-like slab, and it appeared almost a year BEFORE the fake PCGS slabs.

Wouldn't that be ironic!

The worst case of fraud I've ever personally assisted the victim of involved genuinely nice coins certified strictly by PCGS and NGC. They coins were terrific - but he was charged more than double their full market value, and even after superhuman effort on our part (my coin company), he lost at least $60,000 from his life savings.

I haven't heard of BCGS, but it sounds like a Bogus Coin Grading Scam to me.

Found their website: http://www.bcgsonline.com/

Don't feel like reading right now, have a headache, allergies..... who's gonna give us the readers digest version?

The phone number on the website is a Verizon cell phone registered out of Brentwood, Long Island, NY. There is no business address on the site including where to submit coins, if anyone dares.

Scott