• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a coin collector/part time wannabe dealer to do....

19 posts in this topic

Collector---definite keeper.

Dealer---depends what you paid.

Personally, that's an incredible coin. Someone would have to offer a very high price for me to part with it.

$ilverHawk

That one would be hard to part with.

The San Diego is one of my favorite designs and the first commemorative I ever bought back in my 20's.

I still have it too. :grin:

I have sold many coins recently, and many of these are coins that I did not intend to sell before. Some of them I might be sorry about later because I will either have a very difficult time replacing them or if they end up going up more or a lot more in price, I would pay more to reacquire them later. (I have no intention of doing that.)

It all depends upon how badly you want the coin. I would have absolutely no trouble selling this coin at all. I presume most or all of those who say they would keep it say so because of the eye appeal. But even if I collected this coin or series, I would get rid of it if it brought a substantial premium and simply buy a cheaper one.

When this arrives in the mail hm hm hm

1936-D San Diego NGC MS66

1936DSANDIEGO2.jpg

Put on the dealer hat or the collector hat :headbang:

:whee:

I think you should get rid of it. Christmas isn't too far off, so just send it to me now. I know for sure that I would keep it!

Chris

I am about 95% sure I am going to keep the coin...it just looks much nicer in hand than I anticipated. I started selling so I could make side money to fund my collecting goals so I guess it's time to start putting that plan in action and keep a few nice ones for myself. I have such a long way to go to rebuild a collection I once had to sell off so it's coins like this and the last Morgan i kept that is going to get me to where I want to be again as a collector :banana: