• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Precious Metals Poll

Precious Metals Poll  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Precious Metals Poll

9 posts in this topic

Which do you think will be the best performing over the next year in terms of percentage increase (or smallest decrease):

I voted for gold because I expect all the metals to lose value (and have been wrong this year). I expect gold to do best because it is the primary monetary metal. It is what I have bene buying this year through coin trades.

Silver is more of an industrial metal while platinum and palladium I do not consider monetary metals at all.

gold GOLD..................

THAT MAGICAL MEDAL

it has been money for 5000+ years

and it stll is :luhv:

wait :flamed: you can only love a person hm

well................ pay me in gold anytime :cloud9:

I say silver (and probably copper) only because I believe when/if the economy starts rolling again and the emerging markets continue to grow and move from third world to second world contries the demand for silver will grow mor than gold. I believe silver is used more widespread in industrial development such as electronics, photo, medical applications, etc...where as gold is used mostly as an investment tool.

That being said, if the economy does start to recover I think it is most likely that gold will begin to drop again in price. Money will leave the gold paper investments and move back to more risky stocks and such.

I don't necessarilly think that the price will continue to grow, but I think that silver and copper will likely be the smallest losers if it does play out that way.

Oh, I would also add that lithium will be the biggest gainer of time...

Just my opinion.

I saw an article that made the argument that if gold hits 2500, silver would be at 75, therefore silver would be making a much larger move if things continue on their current path, on which there has been nothing indicating any change.

I went with platinum. I've made my mom alot of money off that metal. It is 30x more rare than gold and i will bet any single person $100 bux if they like that it will reach 2400+ an ounce within 2 years tops. Any takers :)

Silver. When people see those beautiful coasters, err, 5 oz bullion "quarters" that the Mint's producing, everyone will clamor for 'em and silver'll go through the roof!