• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some coins from a 1956 Mint Set.

6 posts in this topic

Here are some coins from a 1956 mint set that I got several years ago. A couple of years ago I took the nice coins out of the set and put them into plastic flips so that they were no longer in contact with the toning source. One thing that has totally frustrated me lately is that now I can't find the other Franklin, which has the blue toning (on the obverse) of the P mint Roosie and Washie, and IMO would grade MS65. I'm hoping that at some point in time I'll get a pleasant surprise and find it. In any case, I'm quite happy with the coins in this set and have kept them all raw. The images were by Shane Canup and I think he did an excellent job. Also, aesthetics are obviously different for different people, do you find the looks of the D Washie appealing or not? I like it.

sc56LN.jpg

sc56LNrev.jpg

sc56RS.jpg

sc56RSrev.jpg

sc56WA.jpg

sc56WArev.jpg

sc56dWA.jpg

sc56dWArev.jpg

sc56FR.jpg

sc56FRrev.jpg