• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Errors... Post em, if you got em?

49 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say hello! :hi:

I'm new to this forum and still having issues navigating as I couldn't find any Mint Error threads doing a search here. :o

Some of y'all will know me as I'm a regular on the PCGS forum :fear:

I will start by posting my avatar signature coin at both forums... Enjoy! :)

68exxw.jpg

fog5k9.jpg

Photo is courtesy of Mark Goodman.

Sorry I don't have any to post but your Morgan is awesome. Did you see the 1916-D

broadstruck Mercury dime that just sold in the current Heritage auction?

It was a XF-45 NGC and sold for $6900. That would be Moon money to me.

Sorry I don't have any to post but your Morgan is awesome. Did you see the 1916-D

Are you kidding? BS probably bought it. He could keep this thread going for weeks with his errors alone. If you like to drool, you won't be disappointed. :grin:

My only error

86Do367.jpg

86Dr369.jpg

Thanks tejas1836! :)

I did see the 1916-D B/S and thought it was neat. I've collected Merc errors by date from 1916-31-S in UNC and a XF45 example just wouldn't fit so I passed. I've also thought about selling my Merc Error set as a whole as I wouldn't want to break up a decades worth of hunting and just keeping this for type?

One of my fav's and unique for the series...

2h38pau.jpg

1j2p92.jpg

Welcome to the neighborhood!

WOW! That is a cool Morgan! If you don't mind me asking, what is it worth (to a normal collector, naturally)?

By coincidence, I was just about to start a thread on an error coin, but forgive me if I don't post it here because it has a neat story to go with it.

You can read it in a little while under the title, If this doesn't beat all!

Chris

On second thought, I forgot all about the Kennedy on my sig line. It cost me 68c from the Mint.

104204.jpg.180bbbada96b8cb05470fa0cf6db8e5e.jpg

104205.jpg.6ffcc473373483c1ca6c7fa6f5cc5736.jpg

Are you kidding? BS probably bought it. He could keep this thread going for weeks with his errors alone. If you like to drool, you won't be disappointed. :grin:

Hi robec1347, Nice Lincoln! :hi:

Nope not me as explained in my previous post.

I like eye appealing errors and that XF45 16-D didn't do much for me.

WOW! That is a cool Morgan! If you don't mind me asking, what is it worth (to a normal collector, naturally)?

By coincidence, I was just about to start a thread on an error coin, but forgive me if I don't post it here because it has a neat story to go with it.

Chris

On second thought, I forgot all about the Kennedy on my sig line. It cost me 68c from the Mint.

Thanks cpm9ball! :)

Well it's the highest graded Morgan error at PCGS and it's originally toned as Fred Weinberg removed it from a bag 1898 dollars in 1982 as I recall. A NGC MS65 1921 same % O/C as I recall EX: Ohio Error Collection which was uber dipped was being marketed at an excess of $23K. It quite common within the error community to dip so the dramatic affects of the error can be more easily seen. I however am far more partial and passionate on locating errors that are unmolested.

Chris

Thanks cpm9ball! :)

Well it's the highest graded Morgan error at PCGS and it's originally toned as Fred Weinberg removed it from a bag 1898 dollars in 1982 as I recall. A NGC MS65 1921 same % O/C as I recall EX: Ohio Error Collection which was uber dipped was being marketed at an excess of $23K. It quite common within the error community to dip so the dramatic affects of the error can be more easily seen. I however am far more partial and passionate on locating errors that are unmolested.

Thanks for the info. Morgans are my passion, and I know that I would love to have something like that in my collection, but I couldn't afford it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Chris

Thanks for the info. Morgans are my passion, and I know that I would love to have something like that in my collection, but I couldn't afford it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Chris

cpm9ball, We all have budgets as prior to purchasing this example I had owned roughly a bakers dozen of Morgan errors...

It's my only Morgan example today and un-improvable IMHO.

This is my error I like the most. Got it off someone here on the board.

That's a very neat dual error Bartlesvilleok!

Oh and cpm9ball finding that 2001 Missing Clad for just about face is pretty awesome! :headbang:

Hello Broadstruck,

I no longer own this, but one more time for old times sake.......good to have you here :hi:

Hi sumorada, That was a great error as I bet there's no more then 5-10 max

09 VDB errors known.

One of my favorite early Lincoln errors as 2-1/2 Wheat Ear D/S 1920-P.

12178kj.jpg

ay7f55.jpg

Here is another one I got directly from the Mint. There are only 12 of these known to exist. Actually, I had two of them, but since I was ordering the 2005 sets for a friend at the same time, I thought it was only fair to give him one.

How often is it that you find a "perfect" error?

Chris

104235.jpg.a584b9a5748af8d84f81e7fbae36a35c.jpg

104236.jpg.fc6b95aa777adb1c2681b01e80b56e6f.jpg

104237.jpg.e1ba1ba295b846ec96c97bd2bdb376ac.jpg

I've been playing with a few IHC & Lincoln errors as of late.

Here is the only error Dime I own,

which I recently picked up from Broadstruck:

1917-S PCGS 62

1917-SDimeOffCenter.jpg

Wow Broad. I'm glad you decided to start bringing some business over here. I know that you most likely posted these already ATS, but sometimes things that are worthwhile, like this post, soon get buried over there. Thanks again!

Wow Broad. I'm glad you decided to start bringing some business over here. I know that you most likely posted these already ATS, but sometimes things that are worthwhile, like this post, soon get buried over there. Thanks again!

Thanks Coindude, It was due time for me to seek out another venue as after 15K in posts ATS... As lately there's just too many whining debbie downer threads. :(