• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay brains at it again....Duplicate listing removal coming.....

8 posts in this topic

I just got a notice from eBay that as of October 26th, any of my duplicate listings are going to be removed automatically. As I mostly list coins, I would have to argue that since no two coins are alike, there can be no such thing as a duplicate listing. How many 1893 S Morgans in fine did you look at before you found one you liked ?

We're not talking about Sponge Bob T-shirts here......

It seems like ever since Meg Whitman left, every new idea they come up with smells worse than the last.

Sell your eBay stock........

Paul

OK, if I'm going to slam them openly in this thread, then I will also come to their defense where warranted.

They have recently posted a "Duplicate Listing Checker" tool, linked in the announcement page. I have just tried out this 'tool' and have found no duplicate listings connected with my account. While I most definitely have similar date and condition coins listed, I'm thinking that this duplicate listing policy may possibly not apply to coins. I haven't seen that in writing though, and I'm assuming this 'tool' they have posted knows what it is doing.

Paul

I wonder how many more are gonna leave now? We shall see

I don't think it will hurt them that much.

I for one am sick of all of the duplicate listings (no coin related).

I was looking for something the other day and one seller had over 50 listings of the same

thing. I didn't like there feedback and I really didn't want to buy from a seller in china. So it

took a long time to find another seller.