• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY Dilemma - May be Wrong Place to Post

11 posts in this topic

I was doing the normal searching earlier and came across a seller that has every single coin with amazing toning, regardless of the type or date of the coin. I started reading some of the descriptions in the listings, and low and behold, it says specifically that he is using HEAT to tone them. He makes no bones about.

I am surprised he has not been banned or warned against this behavior. SHould this be reported to EBAY?

I was doing the normal searching earlier and came across a seller that has every single coin with amazing toning, regardless of the type or date of the coin. I started reading some of the descriptions in the listings, and low and behold, it says specifically that he is using HEAT to tone them. He makes no bones about.

I am surprised he has not been banned or warned against this behavior. SHould this be reported to EBAY?

If he's stated in his auction descriptions he is artificially toning coins, what eBay TOS has he violated?

Atleast he's honest about it!

Based on Ebay policy, I don't think he deserves to be reported, since he disclosed what he did. It is those who change the appearance of coins and don't disclose it, whom I believe are violating Ebay's policy.

Please note that I don't condone those actions, but that is a separate matter.

This seller has other coins for sale where he does not disclose that he applied heat to obtain the coins color. If people what to purchase this junk that is their business. EBAY is a breeding ground for this type of trash and the i-d-i-o-ts who buy it. At least the seller is not getting much for the coins.

Remember if you purchase one of his coins make sure you

“TAKE THE HALEY CHALENGE”. I made sure I left the word challenge misspelled just like in the listing. This guy is totally illiterate, he needs to go back to grade school and learn grammar and punctuation.

This seller has other coins for sale where he does not disclose that he applied heat to obtain the coins color. If people what to purchase this junk that is their business. EBAY is a breeding ground for this type of trash and the i-d-i-o-ts who buy it. At least the seller is not getting much for the coins.

Remember if you purchase one of his coins make sure you should

“TAKE THE HALEY CHALENGE”. I made sure I left the word challenge misspelled just like in the listing. This guy is totally illiterate, he needs to go back to grade school and learn grammar and punctuation.

Actually, he's getting nothing for them.

Both those auctions have 0 bids.

I just listed a couple where he had indicated he had toned the coins using heat. If you look at other listings and his feedback, looks like he gets quite a bit of activity.

Lonnie

Remember if you purchase one of his coins make sure you should

Actually, he's getting nothing for them.

Both those auctions have 0 bids.

I was looking at his past auctions for similar coins , he does not get much.