• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disappointed by NGC......

17 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Well I'm just about at my wits end, I've never had a bad thing to say about NGC until now, I submitted two Seated quarters to NGC on an express tier a week ago, my order got there Friday the 10th. Now the current turnaround estimate is 72 hours, but now 5 (if not 6, do they grade saturday?) it's still in quality control, now normally i would be fine waiting a few extra days but i put them on express because i need them back ASAP because as many of you know I'm moving soon. I've sent an email and all i got was an "I'll do my best" NGC has always treated me very fairly and done a great job which is why I only use them..........

Estimated turnaround times (and please note, they are estimated, not guaranteed) don't include weekends. So if the package was received Friday, today would be the 4th day - that doesn't sound nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Also, while you might not like it that "all i got was an "I'll do my best", at least they were honest about it, rather than making a promise that they might not be able to keep. You really should try to keep this in perspective. ;)

The last coins that I sent in took them several days past estimated grading time to start grading (not counting weekends). The funny thing was that my foreign went through before the US Type did. That surprised me. Plus, the coins were in QC for many days.

I also a batch of coins submitted over 40+ working days but still not graded and not reply from them. very worried.

If you're really worried (which you should not be), why, on earth, have you not called them? It's really an easy thing to do and should put your mind at ease.

I will "try my best" to make a call to them this week. The main problem is that I live in the other side of the world... just wonder if their service hotline is a 24hr one?

I also a batch of coins submitted over 40+ working days but still not graded and not reply from them. very worried.

If you're really worried (which you should not be), why, on earth, have you not called them? It's really an easy thing to do and should put your mind at ease.

As said above, turnaround times are an estimate. I had submitted coins on the Express Tier and it took over two weeks to get them through. Recently, I submitted coins using the Early Bird and they were back at my house in two weeks. It all depends on the work load they have at NGC. When submitting, think of the old saying "good things come to those who wait".

60 working days passed, still not getting my coins back, is this company a scam?

What did they say when you called and discussed this with them?

A week before, i get reply "Your order is being finalized and will be shipping to you in a day or so", but a week passed, nothing happened...

I believe they lost my coins and just keep me wait forever, too bad a company. :mad:

60 working days passed, still not getting my coins back, is this company a scam?

A week before, i get reply "Your order is being finalized and will be shipping to you in a day or so", but a week passed, nothing happened...

I believe they lost my coins and just keep me wait forever, too bad a company. :mad:

So, i'm guessing that you did not call NGC? I'm sure that if you call and speak with someone in person, this will all be straightened out.