• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those Charities that include coins in their envelopes

8 posts in this topic

This one that arrived today, "feed a family for 7 cents a day", included a nickel and 2 cents. The two cents are brilliant 2004-D specimens, practically slab-worthy (they look like proofs).

P.S. Remember when Time magazine used to send out those little tiny, skinny, red pencils in their subscription mailings? I liked those.

Based on the 2003 coins, an MS69 will probably bring you $40 the way current prices for them are going. An MS68 isn't worth slabbing.

Thanks. These look MS69. Should I mail them to you?

I'm happy to take free money in the mail. smile.gif

Unless they are flawless, it's not worth it. If they have any glue on the back or spots at all, it is not worth it. Otherwise, yes.

BTW, did you get the check?

The glue is the kind that lifts off without a trace. There are no prints, except for mine on the side now. I should send them to you. I'll check to see if I can find a flaw at all.

I'm sure the check is at the PO box. (He was very pleased with the amount, BTW.)

If they have any glue on the back or spots at all, it is not worth it. Otherwise, yes.

Can't you dip them to remove the spots (which they have). They shore are purdy!

Copper cannot be dipped easily. It takes a lot of time and effort to work on copper. It would not be worth it for these coins. Any spots prevents the MS69 money grade.

Copper cannot be dipped easily. It takes a lot of time and effort to work on copper. It would not be worth it for these coins. Any spots prevents the MS69 money grade.

Thank you. I will put them in my Dansco's.