• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on Roosevelt Editorial

7 posts in this topic

I think they should take all the presidents off of all circulating coins, personally.

As for the Roosevelt Dime, I definitely don't think they should touch the reverse if they're going to keep FDR on the obverse. That's the reason why most people like Roosevelts anyway is to seek out Full Torches.

I guess having a new personification of Liberty on circulating coins would be too much to ask for from the Government.

IMO the problem is not only the subject matter as to what should be on U.S. Coins, its the method they use to achieve it,

All of these computer generated designs that give us things like the Spaghetti Haired G.W. Quarters, Snakeskin Proofs (Lee) and Cartoon-ish Presidential $1 and Spouse Coins............etc.

Get rid of the computer and get some talented Hand Engravers to sculpt the

original designs whatever they may be, JMO......Oh, and leave the Roosies alone, they are just fine the way they are....