• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1936 Lynchburg on eBay

8 posts in this topic

Lynchburg on eBay

This may be of interest for someone, but I am not able to do it myself. The BIN on this coin is $1,050 and the last 6 to sell on Heritage of the same grade sold for a low of $1,150 and the most recent 3 all sold for $1,840.

Now I know the photos on the eBay auction don't look to great, but it is even toned and seems to me that the BIN is low. Just a thought if anyone wants to pick it up and try to turn a quick profit.

Use your own judgement though as to whether or not it is a bargain. I am certainly no expert and there may be problems with this coin...what is that saying...buy the coin and not the plastic?

The two most recent Heritage sales of $1840 were for the identical coin, not two different ones - check the ID #s and images.. And from the pictures, it looks much more appealing than the one listed on Ebay.

Also, the PCGS one which sold before them, brought $1150. Before that, 3 NGC examples sold for between $862 and $920 each. $1050 is not cheap for a typical NGC MS67.

I must be looking at something different. The images for the first two in NGC holders are different coins and different holders. The one in the older holder has a lot more tone on the reverse.

They all three do look a lot better than the one on eBay. In fact after more looking he has another one MS67 for BIN at $1,250 so he sees it as a lesser coin as well.

I must be looking at something different. The images for the first two in NGC holders are different coins and different holders. The one in the older holder has a lot more tone on the reverse.

They all three do look a lot better than the one on eBay. In fact after more looking he has another one MS67 for BIN at $1,250 so he sees it as a lesser coin as well.

My apologies, as I must have been seeing things - clearly it was two different coins. Maybe I clicked on one of them twice, by mistake. :sorry:

Not sure about the quick flip. The seller (Bill) is not too shy on the prices he charges in general..............MJ

I can't see spending huge money on a Lynchburg commemorative unless you determined to build a high end registry set. I have an NGC MS-65 that cost me just over $200 and that suits me fine. The higher grades usualy are not that much better and the price jumps up like like a jack rabbit.

I've never been a fan of tab toning. I know that it's the original look and all, but I don't find it attractive in most cases.