• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin is bogus, story likely equally bogus

14 posts in this topic

Get an Ebay account in the backwoods. Get some fantasy coins. Makeup a story, and viola -- make a profit! No accusations here, you judge for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Confederate-5-Dollar-Coin-1862_W0QQitemZ180554218983QQcategoryZ523QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5884285634468772126

*Well, lets see here,

Item Location: carrollton, KY, United States

*Yet he says he lives in TX

I live in tx i was out hunting and found this coin near a old abandoned railroad track

14 bids and it's up to $51.00

*So far know one knows anything about the 5 Dollars on the back and what it really means.

I don't understand how some person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point scammer puts up obviously fake bogus and gets crazy high bids from equally retarded bidders. But when I put up genuine US mint produced silver coins, they go for fractions of melt.

I freakin' hate Ebay sometimes.

Too bad he couldn't add banjo music, with a verbal description audio clip with a hick accent like those jokers from the "coin vault"!

At one time, probably in the fall of 1962, it was intended to be sacrificial token

on the local train tracks...at the last moment, a gust of wind from the approaching

engine mysteriously blew it off the top of the rail, later to be found by a Texan jack

rabbit hunter.

True story.

I will say it's an interesting piece, there were rumors of the CSA striking gold coins...

Not a rumor, they did strike gold coins 1861-O double eagles (2.991 coins), 1861-D gold dollars (mintage unknown,), and 887 1861-C half eagles. Of course they used Union dies for all of them.