• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry requirements

6 posts in this topic

Indulge me my ignorance, but what are the requirements for a registry set? Must one have a complete set with all year and mint marks or is it just one coin per year of the type?

I think you can do just about anything. The sets are set up to include specific dates/mintmarks, but I know many people that just do sets they want, like some may only do CC Morgans, and even though the set includes all the coins, they may include in the title/description that it is only a CC set. Some may likewise be doing only year sets, and no mintmarks, but it's a pretty flexible system that is really there for you to enjoy and have fun with. Hope this helps.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

There is no minimum number of coins for participating in the Registry. We have both date/mint sets and type sets, and you can add to your registered sets as you acquire the coins. Check out some of the existing registered sets, and you'll see that many are incomplete.

Think of the Registry as a virtual coin album that allows you to fill the holes as opportunity and your budget permit. wink.gif

Now I see. Thanks for the infor.

Basically, I believe, points are awarded for the grade, right? What about the rarity of the issue, do they garnish more points?

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Each issue is scored according to its relative rarity in various grades. So yes, individual rarity is taken into account.

Think of the Registry as a virtual coin album that allows you to fill the holes as opportunity and your budget permit.

Best explanation ever applied to the registry! smile.gif

Hoot