• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WRONG HOLDER--A 1998 COIN IN A 1997 NGC SLAB LABEL

19 posts in this topic

I have a 1868 3cn that has a label which shows 1866.

I have been told that you can send this to NGC and they will fix it for no charge but you still have to pay shipping both ways.

Slab labeling errors do occasionally happen at all the grading services. Some people will pay a small premium for them for the novelty. If it bothers you, put it on eBay or take it to the next big coin show and give it back to NGC so they can fix it.

1997 Silver Eagle .999 Pure Silver $1 Unc. $28

1997P Silver Eagle .999 Pure Silver $1 Prf. $110

1998 Silver Eagle .999 Pure Silver $1 Unc. $14

1998P Silver Eagle .999 Pure Silver $1 Prf. $77

The 1997 appears to have significant value over the 1998, I'd leave it as a 97.

Welcome aboard....question, was this one of your submissions or did you buy this particular coin off the secondary market?

call ngc on monday and i am sure they will fix it for you

Of course it will cost you nearly as much as the coin is worth (possibly moe) in postage and insurance both ways.

call ngc on monday and i am sure they will fix it for you

Of course it will cost you nearly as much as the coin is worth (possibly moe) in postage and insurance both ways.

That's why it would make more sense to just drop it off at a show where NGC is set up to grade coins.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

If you can get it to us at a show where we're grading onsite no later than the end of business on Thursday, we will fix it at no cost, and it will be ready by Friday. The only exceptions are for coins requiring specials labels that we may not have on hand at the show.

If you can get it to us at a show where we're grading onsite no later than the end of business on Thursday, we will fix it at no cost, and it will be ready by Friday. The only exceptions are for coins requiring specials labels that we may not have on hand at the show.

OK GREAT------IT IS THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SET (1986 TO 2005 BLACK LABEL) THE 1997 HAS A 1998 COIN