• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone tried using the Collection Manager?

7 posts in this topic

I decided to try it out with my Morgans. All of the NGC coins are a snap to enter from the cert #. It's not as easy with PCGS or ANACS slabs. You still enter the cert #, but you have to enter a description so the program can "narrow the field" to the specific denomination/year/mintmark. Once you find it, you click "Save" and it takes you to another page where you enter the grade. The problem is that there are no listings for grades with PL and DMPL.

Has anyone run into similar snags for other denominations?

Chris

not yet but it does look intreging

since i am only a member of the ngc boards and not an ngc collectors club member

can i still use this collection manager?????????????

not yet but it does look intreging

since i am only a member of the ngc boards and not an ngc collectors club member

can i still use this collection manager?????????????

I think you have to be a paid member.

Chris

I don't pay and I can use the manager.

For a morgan I get a lot of options for my PCGS when I type in the year and denomination in the dropdown menu. For example if I type:

s$1 1879

it autopulates and the first six choices are

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 MS

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 MS Prooflike

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 CC MS

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 CC MS Prooflike

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 O MS

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 O MS Prooflike

etc...

I think you have to crack the code to find your actual coin to get the PL and DMPL. I haven't entered any raw coins yet only the NGC and PCGS. Does that help?

The problem is that there are no listings for grades with PL and DMPL.

There is a catagory for PL and DMPL Morgans. Here is a peek at my non-award winning PL set...

MorganPL.jpg

Obviously I am a type collector or a parent putting two kids through college. Or both!

If you want to see what a real PL set looks like, check out this one.....

ReedPL.jpg

Chris I know you have an amazing Morgan collection but it sure looks like the 2010 award is going to Mr. Reed again.

I wouldn't bet against him...

The problem is that there are no listings for grades with PL and DMPL.

There is a catagory for PL and DMPL Morgans. Here is a peek at my non-award winning PL set...

MorganPL.jpg

Obviously I am a type collector or a parent putting two kids through college. Or both!

If you want to see what a real PL set looks like, check out this one.....

ReedPL.jpg

Chris I know you have an amazing Morgan collection but it sure looks like the 2010 award is going to Mr. Reed again.

I wouldn't bet against him...

I don't participate in the Registry Sets. I like MS Morgans but I can only afford low-grade key dates.

Chris

I don't pay and I can use the manager.

For a morgan I get a lot of options for my PCGS when I type in the year and denomination in the dropdown menu. For example if I type:

s$1 1879

it autopulates and the first six choices are

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 MS

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 MS Prooflike

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 CC MS

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 CC MS Prooflike

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 O MS

UNITED STATES S$1 1879 O MS Prooflike

etc...

I think you have to crack the code to find your actual coin to get the PL and DMPL. I haven't entered any raw coins yet only the NGC and PCGS. Does that help?

Yeah, I didn't scroll down far enough.

Thanks!

Chris