• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned Jefferson Appreciation thread!

12 posts in this topic

These are the best toned coins from a war nickel set that was housed in a cardboard holder. The '44-s is amazing to look at in hand, and should grade ms67 IMO. The coin is dripping with luster and basically contact free, besides a hit on the top of the head, and there's a few die cracks on the reverse as well.

These will be heading to pcgs in the near future.

Post some nicely toned Jefferson's if you got em :headbang:

Images are by Bob Campbell, and they look awesome IMO.

1945dJeffObvHR11.jpg

1945dJeffRevHR13.jpg

1944sJeffObvHR11.jpg

1944sJeffRevHR02.jpg

1944dJeffObvHR15.jpg

1944dJeffRevHR01.jpg

1943sJeffObvHR16.jpg

1943sJeffRevHR11.jpg

1943dJeffObvHR15.jpg

1943dJeffRevHR08.jpg

What looks like a gash in the head isn't, at least I don't even remember that in hand and believe it's from the die or hair detail, there's 1 contact mark on the coin that runs vertically at the top of the head in the middle of the hair and that's the only contact mark on the coin.

Not sure what that is in the image that looks like a "gash" but it's not there, or not a contact mark to my memory.

Here's an image I took, and it's not there.

IMG_3689-1.jpg

What looks like a gash in the head isn't, at least I don't even remember that in hand and believe it's from the die or hair detail, there's 1 contact mark on the coin that runs vertically at the top of the head in the middle of the hair and that's the only contact mark on the coin.

Not sure what that is in the image that looks like a "gash" but it's not there, or not a contact mark to my memory.

1944sJeffObvHR11.jpg

In the square.

Other than that those are nice Jeffersons.

Very attractive looking Jeffersons! :applause: That must have been a sweet set to see in it's original holder.

Here's a slightly different grouping of coins from that era: MS66, MS66FB, MS66*5FS;

Walker1944D_66.jpg

Walker1944D_66Rev.jpg

1944-DMercObv_007.jpg

1944-DMercRev_005.jpg

Jefferson44D_N66.jpg

1944sJeffObvHR11.jpg

In the square.

Other than that those are nice Jeffersons.

I know what Jason was referring too, but I don't believe that is a contact mark "into" the coin. I believe it's a raised area. Again, I don't have the coin in hand so I want be able to look it over until I get them back.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's a contact mark.

I was searching my images I had of the '44-s, but this was the best I could come up with.

There are a few ticks at the beginning of it in the same spot, but still looks like a raised area. If Bob sees this thread he could comment on it as he has the coin in hand.

IMG_3690.jpg

Boy, I don't know. I've looked at the spot with a 10x loupe and it looks like a slide mark. I'm certainly no expert in this area. I know whatever it is it is not distracting at all. If not for the lights and large image, it wouldn't even be noticeable. I'll let Jon make the determination. I know I would be proud to own any of these fabulous Jefferson's.

Thanks for the info Bob, I trust your judgement just never even noticed it before.

Which is strange as I have examined the coin a few times, and never noticed anything dramatic? I guess the image exaggerates it.

hm

Thanks for pointing it out people of the boards. (thumbs u