• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a stupid story a coin person might appreciate...

9 posts in this topic

i went to the baseball game today. i had no cash for parking and didn't want to hit an ATM just for $13. so.. i grabbed 26 kennedy's out of the change dish before i left.. i knew there would be a foreigner working the booth and it *might* be an issue. but the bottom line is i've got $13 on me.. in america. it's better than 52 quarters, right?

so i got there and she had no idea what to do, or how to speak english... "this not 13".... 'yes it is, count it'... "this half dollar, this half dollar?" .. 'yes, that's 13 dollars''... "this not work"....... 'THAT'S 13 BUCKS'................... she slams them down and says "you go through, get ticket...."

the end

and we won the game...............

I hate foreigners coming to my country, living and working here, not speaking my language, and not understanding my currency. Of course, half of native-born Americans would do the same thing when faced with half dollars.

For those of you that do not know I work for asset protection for Walmart. I was in one of my stores about a month ago and one of the CSM's (Customer service managers) was freaking out about a customer who was trying to pay for her items with a ten dollar bill. Both the cashier and the CSM thought for sure that bill was fake because the colors were off. They even took it to the bank that was inside the store and the people at the bank also thought it was fake. At this time I was called by the CSM who thought I needed to call the police on someone that was passing fake money. Turns out it was a 1934 ten dollar bill. I guess the lime green back confused them. I explained to the customer, associates and bank employees what it was and that it was real. There little markers of course didn't work on a bill that old. The customer still said she wanted to use it so I was more then happy to give her a brand new ten for it.

For those of you that do not know I work for asset protection for Walmart. I was in one of my stores about a month ago and one of the CSM's (Customer service managers) was freaking out about a customer who was trying to pay for her items with a ten dollar bill. Both the cashier and the CSM thought for sure that bill was fake because the colors were off. They even took it to the bank that was inside the store and the people at the bank also thought it was fake. At this time I was called by the CSM who thought I needed to call the police on someone that was passing fake money. Turns out it was a 1934 ten dollar bill. I guess the lime green back confused them. I explained to the customer, associates and bank employees what it was and that it was real. There little markers of course didn't work on a bill that old. The customer still said she wanted to use it so I was more then happy to give her a brand new ten for it.

(thumbs u that is way cool i hope coin world picks your story up

cant believe they wanted to call the cops based on the lady and situation

I've always felt that we don't have so much of a counterfeiting problem in this country.

It's more of an education problem.

Paul