• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC store...

3 posts in this topic

Has NGC ever thought of having a store on their website? It would make it a lot easier for people to buy the boxes and anything else NGC sells. (if anything) Has NGC ever thought about selling coupons for free grading so people could give them as gifts?

This is an idea that we've kicked around many times. We keep coming up with the same answer, that we don't want to do a full blown store. We sell services, not products per se. When you sell products you become a retailer that must collect and pay sales tax, etc on those products. We would also be competing with other retailers who sell supplies. I am not saying "never", and I suppose it's possible down the road, but for now, it is not on the drawing board. The boxes we sell are as a courtesy to our customers and are sold at cost. Those boxes would retail for substantially more.....

John

PS- Gift certificates? Hmmm.... not sure, I'll discuss that one with customer service.

• Administrator

We 've thought about offering grading certificates for purchase, but have decided to hold off. Our concern is that a lot of confusion would be created due to our direct-submission guidelines. As a non-dealer, to submit directly to us, you must be either a member of Collectors' Society, or ANA (and even then you must fill out an associate member agreement prior to submitting coins). We fear we'd receive a lot of direct submissions from non-members. What many people have chosen to do rather than simply purchase coupons, is to purchase memberships in the Collectors' Society as gifts. This solves the direct-submission issue, AND includes 3 free Express submissions with NGC (as well as a membership in the ANA, and grading cupons with SGC and CGC). Currently we do not offer "Gift Certificates" for membership, but you can always purchase a membership in someone else's name as a gift.

-Sarah