• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 more Cameo Franklins to add.

10 posts in this topic

Not only that, but the top coin is a 56 type 1 in a 67* holder! Great pickup Jim! I guess that PCGS coin didn't pan out?

Yeah, the PCGS coin got crazy money. If it was a PF69 I might have gone after it. All in all this is a series where PCGS coins appear to bring stronger money than NGC coins, and I don't see the justification. I was happy to pick up the 1962 in PF69 CAM. I've now got 6 out of 15 for the complete set -- mostly the tough ones left to go, although I didn't expect to find a nice '56 Type 1 quite as quick as I did, thanks for your help in pointing it out to me.

Thanks....appreciate any help in locating the ones I need to finish the set. These are 1950, 1951,1952, 1953, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1959, and 1960.

PF-69 CAMs (or DCAM if the price isn't crazy) are sought for the later dates. PF-67+ CAM for the early dates.

The dealer sites typically have unrealistic prices for these, so auctions and or other avenues seem to be the best way to purchase.

I am in no hurry, but have cash ready if the coin is available at a fair price.

I noticed a 1956 type 2 PF68 ultra cameo Franklin FS for about $330 Is this too much for the coin?