• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When to release a coin that has ben sold from the registry posted by utahuteman

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Dont sell registered coins!

This is my first journal but after reading a journal about a transaction I was involved in I felt like sharing an opinion. They question came up about when you should release a coin from your registry?

I purchased a coin on Ebay, paid for it (which was reported incorrectly), and then registered it. It came back as registered to another ownwer. That owner did not want to release the coin until he had shipped it and received feedback.

My opinion is that if you list a coin for sale when the auction ends and someone pays with paypal they own the coin at that point. Waiting for feedback is ridiculous because that has nothing to do with the question of ownership.

My best advice is that if you are selling a coin you should probably remove it from your registry when you list it for sale as the new owner should be able to register it when payment is made.

Utahuteman

See more journals by utahuteman

If a coin is listed in my Registry account, I release it when it is paid for. I don't wait for feedback; once I have the money (Paypal, money order or cleared check) I release it. Of course, most of the coins I sell are those I have upgraded, and I frequently unregister the duplicate when I add the upgrade. I agree, once the buyer has delivered the funds to the seller, the buyer owns the coin and should be able to register it.

Lots of debate about this. I have had the same experience with a seller. My opinion, once it is paid for, you should release it as you own it.