• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up an 09-D Today!

10 posts in this topic

Picked up my 09-D saint today, here's a link to the auction: 09-D . I am amazed at how hard these are to come by. This was the only 09-D listed on eBay for however long they show completed items. And Heritage has only auctioned 42 from Jan. 1993 to date, that's an average of a little over 4 per year! And to top it off, 6 of those 42 weren't sold! So it is a really tough one.

Well, after the auction ended, the seller e-mailed me and asked if I would like to buy the coin for my high bid amount, and since my bid was a fair price for this one, I jumped on it! Sometimes I really wonder why people use reserves in their auctions. I suppose at least he had the option to keep the coin.

Nice find smile.gif , the scan looks nice & clean. It will sure look good in your register set grin.gif . Your right, they are very difficult to find, especially a good looking example like yours. I have been searching for one also, but no dice so far.

Keep up the hunt, your set is filling in nicely.

John

You have been really busy today, someone is going to have a nice Christmas. That's two tough coins in a row, you will bear watching grin.gif. Congradulations again!

John

Yeah, I am just over 36,000 points away from your set! But I now have 2 keys that you don't have listed, but then again, you beat my on the 08-S, that's a really tough one too. I still need a lot of common dates though, like the 23, 23-D, 25 and 26, so I'll have to round those out eventually. Probably I will go for the somewhat less common 10-S, 11, 11-S and 13. I have an 08 Motto, but it's in an ANACS slab, maybe I'll cross it eventually to display in the set, but since I know I have it, I'd rather spend the money on coins!